male VS female mulberry tree leaves

little leaf

Avid Member
does anyone know if the male mulberry tree leaves are just as good as the female tree leaves? my next batch of silks is starting to hatch, and I would rather take from the male trees to avoid the mushy mess I have to step in under the female trees - lol or are they both fine to feed ? I know what ever tree you start feeding them on is the one you are suppose to feed them out on ( or is this not true - I read it someplace :eek: )
ty

a few of the trees :)

the tree above the door is a female about 50' tall - in the 2nd pic- the tree on the left is a male- (the one I want to feed off of if male leaves can be fed )

Last edited:
yes, both are fine. You can switch up which tree no problem. You can also feed the silkworms other things, in addition to mulberry leaves (such as dandelion leaves or grape vine leaves)

if you put a tarp under the female tree and catch the berries, they make a decent gutload addition for crickets and roaches

yes, both are fine. You can switch up which tree no problem. You can also feed the silkworms other things, in addition to mulberry leaves (such as dandelion leaves or grape vine leaves)

if you put a tarp under the female tree and catch the berries, they make a decent gutload addition for crickets and roaches

Great ! Thank you :) I did not know they could eat other stuff too ~ I have been freezing mulberries , and was just getting ready to make a big batch of gut load to freeze, and was going to put berries in - thanks again :D

Back
Top Bottom