Male Veiled?

Muffin28

Hello Everyone!

I have a 2 - 2 1/2 month old veiled chameleon. I was told the chameleon was male but I am just unsure if it might be the opposite? Maybe I’m just paranoid.

I would greatly appreciate some help! :)
4013DE73-6A15-4724-935B-72A21E30864F.jpeg
0994D14F-13CB-47D6-B191-E3F3EF7F51B6.png
DBCC358D-4914-46B6-A489-E2F397CBECE2.jpeg
25FA52B5-62EE-497F-8A66-8EF36649F9AE.jpeg
33EC8379-2572-4FBF-BBFC-E7EF8486284C.jpeg

Hi and welcome. :) I’m going to say that you do have a male.
Even though he is young, I do notice a little bit of warping of his casque. What kind of uvb light and what supplements are you using?

Hi and welcome. :) I’m going to say that you do have a male.
Even though he is young, I do notice a little bit of warping of his casque. What kind of uvb light and what supplements are you using?

Using linear reptisun 5.0. I was planning on switching to the linear 6% Arcadia though

Supplements - Repti-cal Calcium without D3 everyday when I’m not using daily vitamin or the calcium with D3.
Fluckers calcium with D3 - every other week
Reptivite multivitamin - every other week

When you say warping of his casque, what exactly do you mean?

Thank you btw!

Using linear reptisun 5.0. I was planning on switching to the linear 6% Arcadia though

Supplements - Repti-cal Calcium without D3 everyday when I’m not using daily vitamin or the calcium with D3.
Fluckers calcium with D3 - every other week
Reptivite multivitamin - every other week

When you say warping of his casque, what exactly do you mean?

Thank you btw!
Just want to clarify which reptivite you have. Is it the with D3 or without D3 version? Looks male to me. Be very cautious about using the moss in the enclosure they will eat plants and this is an impaction risk.

This is a great website with accurate information as well. https://chameleonacademy.com/

Just want to clarify which reptivite you have. Is it the with D3 or without D3 version? Looks male to me. Be very cautious about using the moss in the enclosure they will eat plants and this is an impaction risk.

This is a great website with accurate information as well. https://chameleonacademy.com/

I actually took all the moss out once I found this website lol
He’s getting upgrades more to his enclosure this weekend actually! :) (buying a mist king for the little guy)

I was pretty naive going into this cause I got most of my info from Petsmart. But I’ve watched a bunch of YT vids from Neptune the Chameleon, Chameleon Academy, and Reptilian Garden and made a bunch of changes already.

And I don’t think there’s D3 in here. Plz see pics below. & my apologies it’s Herptivite as the brand.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I actually took all the moss out once I found this website lol
He’s getting upgrades more to his enclosure this weekend actually! :) (buying a mist king for the little guy)

I was pretty naive going into this cause I got most of my info from Petsmart. But I’ve watched a bunch of YT vids from Neptune the Chameleon, Chameleon Academy, and Reptilian Garden and made a bunch of changes already.

And I don’t think there’s D3 in here. Plz see pics below. & my apologies it’s Herptivite as the brand.

View attachment 277524View attachment 277525View attachment 277526View attachment 277527
Yeah herptivite does not have D3... Just note it also does not have vitamin A only beta carotene. Vitamin A is needed for eye health. If you decide to switch your multivitamin you can get reptivite without d3. If you get the D3 version then you would drop the calcium with D3 and just use the reptivite with D3 2 times a month every other week. Then calcium without D3 at all other feedings. :)

Yeah herptivite does not have D3... Just note it also does not have vitamin A only beta carotene. Vitamin A is needed for eye health. If you decide to switch your multivitamin you can get reptivite without d3. If you get the D3 version then you would drop the calcium with D3 and just use the reptivite with D3 2 times a month every other week. Then calcium without D3 at all other feedings. :)

Thank you so much for the suggestions! Karma and I appreciate it greatly :)

Back
Top Bottom