Male Veiled not interested in breeding. Seeking advice.

Bushykins

My female appears receptive and keeps "presenting" herself to the male, walking underneath him, hovering in front of of him but he's showing zero interest in her. I have tried putting her in his enclosure and putting him in her enclosure to no avail.
She's the one chasing him around the enclosure, shouldn't it be the other way around?
She hasn't been aggressive towards him at all.

Attachments

• 1537452001668.jpg
    1537452001668.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 117
Don't leave it in there just get him flared up and see if that works. You can also try in her cage instead of his or in a cage outside if weather permits. He may just be at a low ebb in his testosterone cycle as the days get shorter and you will have to wait for it to come up again.

Light a few candles, play some Barry White... wait that's for her. Seriously though... is he feeding well? is he getting plenty to eat? how many hours of daylight? You could try (this is just a theory) adding a half hour of daylight so It's like spring even though they come from places that don't really have winter... if im not mistaken, spring is the wet season in most places.

What is the optimum day/night length? Ive been having this problem too with my panthers. My male ambilobe shows little to no interest to his female so i bought a pair of tamatave hoping this would solve the problem but it hasnt. The 2 males dont really seem bothered when they see one another, and neither male shows any interest in either female. Ive tried most anything i can do but im stumped. I have a breeding pair of carpet chameleons that have produced 4 viable clutches and they are kept under the same conditions so i dont know why they would breed but my panthers wont

I've seen male panthers that go thru cycles. When they are vibrant colors they breed easily when they are dull colors they are less likely to mate. In the wild these fluctuations are seasonal. Kept indoors under artificial light it can be a random times of year for each individual. I'm sure they are influenced by changes in the day length from the windows to an extent. The day night cycle doesn't vary by much near the equator. You would have to look it up by species region to be sure of the variation,

Back
Top Bottom