Male Veiled Acting Weird

@Beman @kinyonga These might be dumb questions but...

Could the fact that he's shedding have something to do with it?
Is the T5 HO 10.0 UVB too much?
So higher UVB can cause issues... the problem is not all of them are known. But at the right distance a stronger bulb is equivalent to a lower strength bulb.
I have seen issues when people use the 2 in 1 bulbs incorrectly on a small cage. The UVI and heat is so extremely high that it can cause a thick shed... but it is more like a burn in a way.

He could be extra annoyed about the shed and that is why he is hiding.... But honestly I am not sure. He is displaying stress signs. But I can not figure out why because husbandry is on point.

So higher UVB can cause issues... the problem is not all of them are known. But at the right distance a stronger bulb is equivalent to a lower strength bulb.
I have seen issues when people use the 2 in 1 bulbs incorrectly on a small cage. The UVI and heat is so extremely high that it can cause a thick shed... but it is more like a burn in a way.

He could be extra annoyed about the shed and that is why he is hiding.... But honestly I am not sure. He is displaying stress signs. But I can not figure out why because husbandry is on point.
Good News! He was hiding in that plant all day and night but this morning he came out to bask. Hes still shedding and has really dark colours but seems more normal. Heres a picture of him today😁
25EC09A9-3C59-4C92-9301-EF4EBF0D9508.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom