Male veild yellow bars?

could it be that he actually is a "she" ?
if you post a couple of pictures of your cham (especially the back feet) it will be very easy to tell!!

sorry took so lng

denverbug-albums-fire-picture24872-img-0020.jpg
[/IMG]
denverbug-albums-fire-picture24876-img-0022.jpg
here ar a few pics hopefully I did this right in the first he is nice and green second not to happy im taking pics but in the last one I got a good shot of his spur but still no yellow never mind still having trouble posting pics

Yes it's a boy and I can see the yellow bars in the first pic. they arent really huge and blinding bright yellow but hey all veileds are different and yours is cool too, you have nothing to worry about :) !! put him in the sun in late spring/summer and his yellows will look a lot brighter!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I think he's awesome but he's hardly ever the color he was in the first pic the other pics are his normal colors wich I think are a little dark he doesn't seem stressed though however he is not a big fan of being messed with

What are your basking temps?

ALso, if its winter and cold where you are, they will often get dull looking.

My adult male veiled has more of a tan bar instead of yellow because its cold, once the summer comes in, he goes back to being a brilliant yellow.

ALso, if your basking temps are too low, that can cause him to be darker as this helps them absorb heat.

how are you measuring the temps?

Also, if you are using a red bulb, just get rid of it. its not needed, and just not worth it.

we all use regular house bulbs for basking, and then use various brands of UVB bulbs.

My basking temps are between 90-95 I am using a red bulb but also have a 50 watt basking light it has ben pretty cold here but his set up stays warm at night I kill all of his lights and his temps stay around 70 at night I have an exo terra temp and hum

First, just ditch the red light. its just not needed.

second- how are you measuring those temps?

because if those were his temps, he wouldnt look so cold and unhappy.

What UVB bulb are you using?

I have a zoo med dual bulb set up one side is the red light the other side is a reptisun 5.0 UVB . I am using an exoterra humidity and temp thermometer to measure the temps

I was told it was one the best when I move it in cage the temps change and if I hold my under his basking light it feels every bit of 90+ could humidity have anything to do with it? I was also just thinking when he sleeps his colors seem to be the teal green like in the first pic and that is when his cage is the coldest

How far is your basking spot from the light?

and no humidity would not make him as dark as he is.

Do you have alot of foliage for him to hide in?

And exo terra anything is not one of the best of anything.

you need to measure the temp on the highest branch he can get to,

His basking spot is about 10 inches from light I do have plenty of foliage however my humidity stays only in between 17-25% and I have my mister going every hour for 15 sec. His urates always have white sometimes all white so I know he's staying hydrated but I live in Colorado it's hard to keep the humidity up esp. In the winter when I run furnace. I have installed a whole house humidifier wich even causes the inside of my windows to condensate and freez. But the cage levels remain the same. Also I edited my prev. Post don't know if you saw but when he's sleepin his colors look great

What temp stat would you recommend ?

Since your basking spot is so far away from the light, i would add more foliage up top so he can get closer to the light.

the temps are fine, if not a bit high, if thats waht they are, but he cant reach it as well, so he's probably a bit colder.

can you post a photo of your whole cage please?

I would add a second basking bulb to the cage, get a tube style uvb bulb (which can do wonders for them) and i would add a bit of foliage in the center of that top part.

Back
Top Bottom