Male Panther Problems

Coltcorban99

I just got a male panther chameleon from somebody on these forums about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Ever since he's been here he as moved very rarely and I have never seen him eat or drink, but he has no signs of dehydration and he doesn't look to skinny. Does anybody know how to get him active and comfortable?

My Panthers wouldn't eat the first few days until I fed them flies. After that, they ate dubias from a branch then crickets and dubias from my hand.

What are the temps in the cage at the basking area? Sluggish behavior can sometimes be caused by temps being too cool.

Also, keep in mind that they may take a while to get used to their new home. Its normal for them to freeze when they see movement around the room if they are nervous.

Ok. The temperature is around 31.3 degreed celcius in the basking area. I just hope there is nothing wrong with him.:confused:

These pictures are really bad but the are hard to get because he is in the corner.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 130
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male Ambilobe Panther Chameleon. I have had him for about 2 weeks.
  • Handling - Once so far.
  • Feeding - I am giving him crickets and super worms so far, but I haven't seen him eat anything. I gutload them with vegetables and a pet store gutloader.
  • Supplements - I only have calcium with d3 right now but am looking to calcium without d3 and multivatamins. I give the calcium with d3 5 days a week.
  • Watering - I have a monsoon mister that sprays every 2 hours. I also hand mist a bit. I have not seen him drink yet.
  • Fecal Description - He has not pooped yet. Seems kind of long to not go to the bathroom.
  • History - Got him from bobochran, and not sure of anything else.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen Reptibreeze 24x24x48
  • Lighting - I have the deep dome dual lamp with a 60 watt heat light and a Reptisun 5.0. I have 12 off, 12 hours on roughly.
  • Temperature - The basking spot is around 100 degrees fahrenhiet and the rest of the cage is between 70-90. It is about 75 at night.
  • Humidity - Between 40-50%. I mist occaisionaly and also have a automatic mister.
  • Plants - One ficus plant.
  • Placement - In an open closet in my room. It is not near anything, and the only movement is me when I am in my room which is not that much.
  • Location - Newberg, Oregon, USA.

Current Problem - I have not seen him eat, drink, and has rarely moved. I have not found any poop either. Wondering what is wrong and what I should do.

Imuse a regular white incandescent household bulb of a wattage that produces the appropriate basking temperature colored lights are not natural IMHO and that may be part of the problem.

You need some horizontal branches. No light at night! Panthers can handle down to 60F. easily. My basking temps are about 90F. This is a very healthy male, he will adjust to reasonable conditions if you provide them.

Back
Top Bottom