Male or Female??

danielle609

Established Member
Hi all. I was wondering if this little "guy" is a male or a female. All pictures are of the same chameleon. He hatched on September 26th.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

DSCN0524.jpg

I am sorry the pictures are blurry, and I am not sure if it is the right angle..."it" just wouldn't stop moving :) If you are 100% positive one way, can you explain how you know in detail please. This is my first clutch, so I am still learning. I personally think it is a boy...but just want to check.

Another thing...Is he small for his age? He is the largest out of the 37 babies. He eats all he wants and drinks, but I still feel like he is small. The main reason for me asking this, is I "promised" a lady that I would have a baby ready for her around Christmas so she could set up the cage and everything for her teenage son. "He" is 2 1/2 month...but I just am not sure if he is ready...or me for that matter. I was crying last night knowing that I can't keep all 37...but it is going to be very hard for me to sell my first one...does it get easier?? She wants him in a week or so...I want honest opinions...is it too early? Is he too small? am I being too protective :) Ok that is it for now, thank you very much!

Dani

I'm not good at guessing the sex of panthers but because of the coloring I guess male. I would be a little hesitant to sell, at that age, to anyone other than an experienced cham keeper.

I'm not good at guessing the sex of panthers but because of the coloring I guess male. I would be a little hesitant to sell, at that age, to anyone other than an experienced cham keeper.

That is what I was thinking. My husband thinks I am too attatched though...I know for sure this family keeps other reptiles...I believe they have a velied but not positive. My sister works at a pet store, and I promised her a chameleon through my sister...I just wish I could keep them all :( I am not good at this "breeding" thing. I got my male first as just a pet, then I got a female and thought I would make some "easy" money...well it isn't easy and I thought it would be easier seeing them leave...its not! :)

Sambavas are one of the hardest locales to sex for sure. To be completely honest, you best bet at telling the sex would be in another month or two.

I'm going with Cain and saying male too, but it is a close call.
I would be concerned about selling him/her to an inexperienced keeper for a christmas gift, and if you can, I would be sure that you give a list of everything the person needs and all of that, prior to actually handing the little one over. After that, its out of your hands. At that age you don't want to gamble. Maybe you are being overprotective, but I sympathize completely!!

I'm going with Cain and saying male too, but it is a close call.
I would be concerned about selling him/her to an inexperienced keeper for a christmas gift, and if you can, I would be sure that you give a list of everything the person needs and all of that, prior to actually handing the little one over. After that, its out of your hands. At that age you don't want to gamble. Maybe you are being overprotective, but I sympathize completely!!

word, im gunna say male and well put...

word, I'm gunna say male and well put...

I agree with the both of you 100%. I do know for sure she has reptiles and almost positive a velied...but I still want to consider her inexpereinced :) The pet store my sister works at eventually wants to buy some from me. They do a good job with their animals, and she said I could help set up their cage. I also am making up care sheets that they have to give to everyone that buys one, and a link to this website...:) I also told my sister they need to make them buy screen cages and I told her she is allowed to break company policy and let them know where to get a cheaper screen cage, because the exo terra's are really expensive and won't house an adult...Just trying to be a good mom.

cainschams; Sorry no prize :( Just the sweet gratification of being right :)

Holy thread ressurection batnan

2008 new poster, please pay attention to last post date.

The answer was obviously male

And check the for sale section for animals for sale

Back
Top Bottom