Male or female

Sarah 1234

Hi all I'm new to this site I have a 4 month old veiled chameleon I was told he was male but starting to have doubts was wondering if you could help.
20210213_125748.jpg
20210212_163654.jpg

I don’t think this is a female... and it is definitely not 4 months old. It looks closer to a year old. The marking and thickness at the base of the tale tell me it’s a male. Although the spurs are not very prominent, this picture shows a spur. The casque is small and looks deformed, I would highly recommend a full husbandry review.

Attachments

• 16E7E9AD-12FE-4414-8287-86ED8CF09879.jpeg
    16E7E9AD-12FE-4414-8287-86ED8CF09879.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 75
He is actually 6 months sorry I miss calculated ge hatched in September and he was small when I got him. He is very healthy he eats drinks and his poo is how it should be but thank you
Screenshot_20210214-161803_Gallery.jpg

I don’t think this is a female... and it is definitely not 4 months old. It looks closer to a year old. The marking and thickness at the base of the tale tell me it’s a male. Although the spurs are not very prominent, this picture shows a spur. The casque is small and looks deformed, I would highly recommend a full husbandry review.
Oh, I guess I should do quite a bit more research then. That casque did look a little wonky, yes.

His casque and his spikes along his spine.

I would also get your husbandry checked out. Couldn't hurt to see what others have to say, could it?

Thank you for your concern but he has been check by a vet twice since I have had him when I first got him and about a month ago

Back
Top Bottom