Male or female ?

Denaixoxo

image.jpg
image.jpg
I got a new baby Jackson and I’m trying I figure out it a male or female

If thats a T. j. xantholophus then I would say you probably have a male but without knowing age or species and seeing clearer pics I can't say for sure.

If thats a T. j. xantholophus then I would say you probably have a male but without knowing age or species and seeing clearer pics I can't say for sure.
I would say about a week or so I’ve had the chameleon. We got it from pet supermarket and no one knew the age or sex of them chameleon

Xanth females don't have horns so if yours is showing the start of three distinct horns then I would say male.

Nice pic. That's a xanth. You can tell by the spines along the back. The females rarely have horns. If yours continues to grow all three that's a male.

Nice pic. That's a xanth. You can tell by the spines along the back. The females rarely have horns. If yours continues to grow all three that's a male.
Okay I hope that it’s a boy. But if it’s a girl are you able to cross mate them

Im not super familiar with the species, but considering I see signs of horns usually only males have them so I vote male.

This is a female. Males start growing all three horns at the size of an inch or two (they may even be born with all three) and have much more color on their skin. Females have mostly shades of green and brown and grow a single horn or none (or one big horn with two underdeveloped horns, mostly/only T. j. jacksonii females). This chameleon is a subadult with a developed (even though not much) horn and lacks two horns on the eyes. Clearly a female.
However, I do not know if this is a T. j. xantholophus or T. j. jacksonii.

Back
Top Bottom