Male or female?

image.jpg
image.jpg

lol i dont think thats a good way of doing it ^ onemorecast

Take a picture of the side of him and see if you can see a bumb from his tail to before his but. the person above its too hard to tell cuse its more of an above pictue, you need a side picture

lol i dont think thats a good way of doing it ^ onemorecast

Take a picture of the side of him and see if you can see a bumb from his tail to before his but. the person above its too hard to tell cuse its more of an above pictue, you need a side picture

What are you talkimg about a bump from tail to before his vent!? Idk what you mean. Those pics of rear feet showing a spur on back feet (male) and none (female)

Alright you two, calm down. It can be done both ways on a veiled.

However, looking for a hemipenal bulge on a veiled is not worth the time with the obvious way as far as back tarsal spurs for determining sex goes. On panthers the hemipenal bulge is the only way you determine sex though.

Now to the OP, listen to Chase and follow the pictures provided by Onemorecast. When you take a picture of the very back feet look right where the 'achilles tendon' would be and if there is a nub you have a male. If its plain and flat then its female. Like I said look at the pictures Onemorecast provided.

It helps a ton and if you need more examples I will provide you with my male veileds pictures of fully developed tarsal spurs and hemipenal bulge for comparison on both.

Alright you two, calm down. It can be done both ways on a veiled.

However, looking for a hemipenal bulge on a veiled is not worth the time with the obvious way as far as back tarsal spurs for determining sex goes. On panthers the hemipenal bulge is the only way you determine sex though.

Now to the OP, listen to Chase and follow the pictures provided by Onemorecast. When you take a picture of the very back feet look right where the 'achilles tendon' would be and if there is a nub you have a male. If its plain and flat then its female. Like I said look at the pictures Onemorecast provided.

It helps a ton and if you need more examples I will provide you with my male veileds pictures of fully developed tarsal spurs and hemipenal bulge for comparison on both.

Tone doesnt come across well via text. I realy had no clue about hemipenap bulge. I have a veiled and nonless than nothing of panthers. Only way I knew of was tarsal spur.

Onemorecast, I have a one year old male veiled that I have had since he was about one month old. Since the tarsal spur is present from birth, it is DEFINITELY the easiest and the most accurate way to tell whether a veiled chameleon is male or female. Pictures help, of course, so newbies know what they're looking for. Once they know what to look for, it's a snap!

Onemorecast, I have a one year old male veiled that I have had since he was about one month old. Since the tarsal spur is present from birth, it is DEFINITELY the easiest and the most accurate way to tell whether a veiled chameleon is male or female. Pictures help, of course, so newbies know what they're looking for. Once they know what to look for, it's a snap!
Well be that as it may, o have a girl for sure now. But a few scales are brown and others are greenish gray. Look at this:

Be that as it may, I am concerned on something else.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 198
Your pictures are blurry, but from what I can see she looks fine to me. The gray and brown you are seeing is normal from what I can tell.

Your pictures are blurry, but from what I can see she looks fine to me. The gray and brown you are seeing is normal from what I can tell.
Oh good. How do I know when she is carrying? Last night I went to get pictures for you guys, but she opened her chin flap super big and made herself gigantic, then she hissed at me. At first I thought she was breathing, then sneezing, then I understood and backed away slowly. Does that mean she could be carrying? Also is a 6" deep plastic container ok? I'm afraid that she is bound....

Oh good. How do I know when she is carrying? Last night I went to get pictures for you guys, but she opened her chin flap super big and made herself gigantic, then she hissed at me. At first I thought she was breathing, then sneezing, then I understood and backed away slowly. Does that mean she could be carrying? Also is a 6" deep plastic container ok? I'm afraid that she is bound....
update: she has a long stripe down her side, sometimes white, other times brown,

By carrying I assume you are talking about her laying eggs if so you won't have to worry about that until she is about 6 months old.

Back
Top Bottom