Male or female

Tabner

Hello everyone
I have a 6 week old Ambilobe Panther that I need help determining the sex. I am new to chameleons and have no experience except what I have researched.
I need someone with experience to help me out. I will try and post pics, but I'm new to forums too! First time for everything. Lol
Thank you
Tabner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 177
Tabner, congrats on the new panther! Hard to tell for sure from the picture but I believe you have a male. If you want to take a few more pictures I could be more certain of my answer.

Another pic

This one is not too good. I will try again tomorrow
Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 151
Another pic

He/she was already in bed for the night, on the last pic. I will try again tomorrow
To get a better close up.
Thanks

Better pic

This is a little better. He/ she is going through his fist shed.
Thanks
Tabner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 145
You can see green on him/ her in this one.
Thanks
Tabner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 151
Tabner, the ones pictures with all the color screams male. Still hard to tell from the tail base as their position in the pictures isn't ideal but I'm confident it is a male based off those colors.

Tabner, the ones pictures with all the color screams male. Still hard to tell from the tail base as their position in the pictures isn't ideal but I'm confident it is a male based off those colors.

See, I got female on this one. The very green spot behind the eye is the stumper. This is why, we don't like to ship for another 2 weeks. It really does make a difference to physically see and observe the cham's colors. Keep posting or me and rooster (henn :D) will have to settle it in the school yard by the monkey bars. :eek:

Ok. That's good enough for me. His name is Rango. Lol
Thank you for all your help.
Tabner

Might end up being 'Beans'. I loved her character. My son and I used to play the freeze up game and always loved singing the song from the desert fight. What ever happened to Rango 2?

See, I got female on this one. The very green spot behind the eye is the stumper. This is why, we don't like to ship for another 2 weeks. It really does make a difference to physically see and observe the cham's colors. Keep posting or me and rooster (henn :D) will have to settle it in the school yard by the monkey bars. :eek:

Hahaha I will see you at 3:00 PM!

Pictures make it so hard some times. I'm sure within a few weeks it will be very obvious.

I thought he /she might be too young to tell for sure and the pics from my cell
Aren't the best in showing color either. But I was wanting to give him / her a name, instead of "it" haha!
Thanks
Tabner

Hahaha I will see you at 3:00 PM!

Pictures make it so hard some times. I'm sure within a few weeks it will be very obvious.

At least we don't have the responsibility of telling a human whether they are having a boy or girl. Could be even more of a mistake. :eek:

I thought he /she might be too young to tell for sure and the pics from my cell
Aren't the best in showing color either. But I was wanting to give him / her a name, instead of "it" haha!
Thanks
Tabner

Go with Pat, Renee, Lee, Chance, etc... all unisex names. :eek:

NHenn,y
I think you will be able to tell for sure in this pic.
Thanks
Tabner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom