Male or female

greg nan

Furcifer verrucosus sex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 176
I got your email last night. I’d be inclined to think that is a female only because I can’t see a marked hemipenal bulge plus the casque and dorsal crests is much lower/less pronounced. If you could get a better photo from the side showing the vent and tail base we could tell for sure.

She does look a little dehydrated so make sure to increase misting times for the next little bit until she settles in.

Cheers,
Trace

Unfortunately I still think it's a female. The spot I'm looking for is hidden by your finger but if it were a male that area should be much thicker.

Unfortunately I still think it's a female. The spot I'm looking for is hidden by your finger but if it were a male that area should be much thicker.
ok thank you, i just got another one in, and i can tell the difference in the two, i definitely have a male now, one thing is that one of his eyes are closed im guessing its just debris , would you know how i can flush it out, with like a saline solution? and if so what kind?

i will post a picture of my male, im 95% sure it is male, but i would rather a professional verify that.

Oh I don’t know if I’m a professional but I thank you for the complement.

I’m not fully convinced any of your chameleons are captive bred. Not many people are working with the Furcifer verrucosus in Canada although admittedly I’m not as in touch the hobby in a local or national level as I once was. For the sake of information and education I’m going to treat them as such (wild caught) and link you to a blog I wrote on acclimating chameleons. Even if they are CB specimens the information can still be useful in getting them settled in.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/trace/776-dealing-wild-caught-chameleon.html

Cheers,
Trace

Back
Top Bottom