Male or female quadricornis?

Tattersb

Avid Member
I just got my new quad today, and was told "he" is a "she". Can someone help me with the i.d.? I REALLY don't want a female.

Attachments

• 0U2C2597 EE.JPG
    0U2C2597 EE.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 0U2C2604 EE.JPG
    0U2C2604 EE.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 136
  • 0U2C2619 EEE.JPG
    0U2C2619 EEE.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 110
I'm good, then! Just had a stomach-drop-to-the-toes moment when someone thought he was female.
Lol yeah I feel ya there. Females are a real pain in the butt, and the males just tend to be more appealing to the eye, and also get bigger. Females and their need to lay eggs and some fancy die.....well Im not about that life:D

Lol yeah I feel ya there. Females are a real pain in the butt, and the males just tend to be more appealing to the eye, and also get bigger. Females and their need to lay eggs and some fancy die.....well Im not about that life:D
Me and you, eye to eye!

Actually, female q.quads are the more outgoing and accepting of the sexes. They have more personality and are less cryptic than males.
True there is the egg issue and no horns and less sails, but I still prefer females.View attachment 180387
Thies is very true my males would jump off branches to get away from me and not look where they where falling. the females where way more relaxed and didn't just jump away. lol

I disagree. The females are really sweet, much more sociable than the males.

Quads don't tend to have the egg laying problems that veileds and panthers have. Unless bred, they tend not to produce eggs. I lent one of my wild caught males to another breeder for his 3-year old female that had never laid a clutch of eggs. She produced babies for him once bred.

20160222_170245.jpg

I disagree. The females are really sweet, much more sociable than the males.

Quads don't tend to have the egg laying problems that veileds and panthers have. Unless bred, they tend not to produce eggs. I lent one of my wild caught males to another breeder for his 3-year old female that had never laid a clutch of eggs. She produced babies for him once bred.

View attachment 180416
So far my little guy steps onto my finger voluntarily when I need to move him for cleaning or whatever. Hopefully that won't change.

One of the male quads I had used to poop on me every time he could...even straining to try to do it twice. He would christen the cleaned out cage as soon as I put him back in it..if he had anything left in him!

One of the male quads I had used to poop on me every time he could...even straining to try to do it twice. He would christen the cleaned out cage as soon as I put him back in it..if he had anything left in him!
Omigosh that's hilarious! A passive-aggressive quad!

He definitely made me smile. He was WC and skin and bones when I got him. I didn't think there was a chance if him making it..but within a couple of months he was gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom