Male or female (locale is ambilobe)

Jackkitch

E9306BDC-39BE-4235-B6BE-9FB8B646C796.jpeg
1CF6B680-CDC6-43F0-8B9E-B08510991317.jpeg
7E434350-56ED-4180-B2F9-A92E851623B5.jpeg

Are you folks going strictly by the shape of the base of the tail, or are there some other clues? :unsure:

You can see the hemipenial budge easily on this specimen and you can sex panthers right out of the egg.

They are going by color the boys are the more colorful ones and the girls only get pink or purple

Colors aren’t an accurate way to determine the sex of young panther chameleons.

You can see the hemipenial budge easily on this specimen...
I can't see squat. ? That's why I asked. :ROFLMAO:
I think I would have needed a more direct anterior view of the "junkal region" to see any bulg(es), but IDK fer sure... ?‍♂️

I've been associating dull(er) drab(ber) pastel colors with females. Based on that alone, this one would have fooled me. Trying to learn here. ?

Last year at this time, I would have attended three or four reptile shows by now for some firsthand exposure & learning. Thanks, COVID-19 life damper! ?

I can't see squat. ? That's why I asked. :ROFLMAO:
I think I would have needed a more direct anterior view of the "junkal region" to see any bulg(es), but IDK fer sure... ?‍♂️

I've been associating dull(er) drab(ber) pastel colors with females. Based on that alone, this one would have fooled me. Trying to learn here. ?

Last year at this time, I would have attended three or four reptile shows by now for some firsthand exposure & learning. Thanks, COVID-19 life damper! ?

I’m Sorry, I just reread what I posted and it seemed very rude.

Here is a link that shows what we’d look for even fresh out of the egg. I can edit the original pictures to show the bulge too if you’d like.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-sex-baby-panthers.33997/

Back
Top Bottom