Male or female, blue or red bar, ambilobe. Pro opinion needed :)

I've heard a few "definite male" and a few females. Looking for a for sure answer and hopefully some insight to what i ended up with! Also taking name suggestions.
Around 2-3 months old from what I'm told.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 272
it looks like a male.. i can see a bulge at the base of the tail.. he looks like a Kenji to me lol

hmmmmmm

I'm definitely not an expert but from all the pictures ive seen and compared... that looks like a baby red bar?

Last edited:
Definitely male :) It's hard to say what he is as far as color though, he could vary so wildly in the next 12+ months he has left to finish coloring up. He could start red bar and change to blue (or purple!) so guessing at this point is like taking a shot in the dark.

The recommended schedule is 12h on and 12h off. I match mine closely to what the sun is doing, so if the sun is up at 7 my lights are on at 7 and off when the sun goes down.

Definitely male :) It's hard to say what he is as far as color though, he could vary so wildly in the next 12+ months he has left to finish coloring up. He could start red bar and change to blue (or purple!) so guessing at this point is like taking a shot in the dark.

The recommended schedule is 12h on and 12h off. I match mine closely to what the sun is doing, so if the sun is up at 7 my lights are on at 7 and off when the sun goes down.

I've never heard of a purple bar? That would be rad! Do you think it's ambilobe for sure. I'm super paranoid about the sex after being fooled once before I got this little guy. Drive an hour away to find out I got a female veiled instead of male. But if that didn't happen I wouldn't have gotten an awesome deal on this panther ;) ( my favorite chams of all)

I've never heard of a purple bar? That would be rad! Do you think it's ambilobe for sure. I'm super paranoid about the sex after being fooled once before I got this little guy. Drive an hour away to find out I got a female veiled instead of male. But if that didn't happen I wouldn't have gotten an awesome deal on this panther ;) ( my favorite chams of all)

It is rad! But also relatively rare. It's not so much literally purple as it is just bars with spots of both red and blue, but the smaller the spots the more it really looks like solid purple. If you come across Carol's ambanja Boomer floating around in the photo forum you'll see what I mean!

He could be, it's just hard to tell now that he's still young. We'll know for sure when more color comes in. He's definitely male, though, so don't worry about that!

I'm still having trouble coming up with a good name! The veiled we ended up taking back was "Christopher Walken" but I can't figure out a good one for my panther!?!

Back
Top Bottom