Male not interested

cloverthechameleon

Avid Member
Back in June i bought an unrelated pair of sub adult ambanjas. The female was 8 months old and the male was 9 months old. Since then the female has cycled a clutch of infertile eggs with zero issues. Shes an absolute perfect specimen never had a single issue with her. The problem im having is that i bought this pair since they came from some pretty beautiful lineage and i wanted to add them to my breeders since ive never cared for or bred ambanjas before. The male is showing zero interest in breeding and i mean zero interest. The female is receptive and acts like hes not even there when i place her in his enclosure, hell flair up the moment i put her in the enclosure (hes not the most friendly) and as soon as i close the door he also acts like shes not there. Ive tried 3 times with zero success. Ive tried introducing another receptive female but also got the same response from him. Ive tried showing him another male ive tried putting him infront of a mirror nothing works. Ive left her in there for 2 days and they literally ate out of the same feeder bowl like they were juveniles. Has anyone ever had a similar situation? I know theyre both obviously sexually mature and fit to breed since shes above healthy weight, cycled infertile eggs. Hes been dropping sperm plugs since the day i got him.

ahahahaha honestly it wouldnt surprise me, seeing 2 full grown adult panthers sharing a feeding bowl was the most odd thing ive seen in 10 years of keeping chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom