Male Nosy Be - 5/6 months?

Marco fernandes

Hi,
please help me identifying this cham: Do you guys think that he is a male nsy be with 5/6 months old? Is it normal not to show any colours. Im buying it soon and the seller sent me this 2 pictures, Do you think he is ok, seeming healthy?
Ty

Attachments

• IMG_6474.JPG
    IMG_6474.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_6475.JPG
    IMG_6475.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 236
Hi Marco, looks like It could be a male Nosy be due to the blue coming through but no way of knowing for sure without info on the parents. He doesn't look to be in the best of shape though, he could certainly do with a few extra grams. The age looks to be appropriate.

Looks dehydrated and thin, either hasn't had the best of care or has been sickly. If I were going to sell a chameleon I would send the best pictures I could get to the buyer, if these are the best pictures the seller has it would make me nervous. I don't see much color and truthfully I can't see much of the chameleon! Ask for more pictures showing both sides,tail, and feet, at the very least!

Go on some other websites and look at 5-6month old Nosy Be males, so you can get an idea of what they should look like.

I have to agree with Bob. I don't think this guy looks well at all from the pictures shown. I don't say this to sound as if the chameleon doesn't deserve to be in a better situation, but if you are new to chameleons, don't sabotage yourself right off the bat with an unhealthy specimen. I advise you buy from a reputable breeder and get a healthy animal.

I agree with these guys. More pictures that are in better focus please. Maby we can help you get this guy helathy! Please tell us about any and all concerns you may have abut him. He does look Nosy Be to me though!

Hi folks,
After giving up from buying the nosy be, as you adviced me, i just got a male ambilobe red with 5/6 months, as the seller told me. He is going well in the new home and started to eat crickets and superworms. Do you think he is in good shape^? and what about the age? seems 5/6 months^?
He spends almost the day in the upper part of the cage or even in the roof.. i think its normal. Temp is about 24, 25º cº or 77 Fº.
I will keep posting some pictures and videos as i take them. ty for the help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 160
He is healthier than your first pick. But he looks like he needs to have a few good grub sessions as well as vitamins. I'm not sure if I see signs of MBD(metabolic bone disease) in the first picture maybe someone else can refer to that. But do you have calcium with and without vitamin D3? As well as a multivitamin? You should be dusting your bugs with calcium without vitamin D3 every feeding and its normal to have calcium with vitamin D3 and a multivitamin once a month(at separate times). Your temperatures need to be higher that's ok if that's lower in the cage but he needs a basking spot around 83-85 degrees for digestion.

If he hás the bone desease will it be cured with the proper vitamin or not? Got worried

Which foto do you refer to? The one from the first post? If it is i do not have that cham but the one from the lasts pics...

Last edited:
Hi i have the dual top canopy from exoterra with 1x glo2.0 1x glo 5.0 and 2x hallogen 35 wt lamp
Is it possible that my cham got burned in one of the lamps? It seems so cause he hás got a marketing the belly zone and he likes to hang On the top of the screen

Some more pictures. Please fel free to coment or advice cause im a newbie owner and All Help is welcome
Posted a poo pic. I think it seems ok and normal. Is it not?
Ty

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I see no signs of MBD. The yellow/orange urates indicate he could use more water. Mist him more often and or longer. He also looks like he could eat more. But overall a much better choice than the first one you were looking at!

I see no signs of MBD. The yellow/orange urates indicate he could use more water. Mist him more often and or longer. He also looks like he could eat more. But overall a much better choice than the first one you were looking at!

Im mysting 4 x a day with the rs400 moonsoon, for about 20/30 secs each one. Never saw him drinking till now. I feed him crikets medium size and let some on the loose. I think he could be eating more but maybe is the adaptation period?
ty for the help

Back
Top Bottom