Male head bobbing no action :/

Callum1168

Oki so for the first time my female nosey be did not act aggressive to my male nosey be today ( trixie and Del Boy ). He done a lot of head twitching and bobbing. He managed to mount her once but just stood there like he doesn't have a clue what to do :/. Is he just not in the mood or is something wrong with him ? After a few hours he seemed to of list complet interest in her. Is there anything I could do to help them get jiggy with it ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 188
yea i noticed that to? Looks like you may have them confused. Although i dont know why the female would mount the male for any reason? almost looked staged lol! How old is that male? Is it me or does he look really young or just small?

Let me provide some input instead of just being a smart aleck.

1. Reintroduce them in the opposite enclosure from the 1st go around.

Or

2. Set them on a free range tree.

Or

3. Place them on a free range tree outside.

Hopefully one of these will work. Keep us posted! Good luck!

Let me provide some input instead of just being a smart aleck.

1. Reintroduce them in the opposite enclosure from the 1st go around.

Or

2. Set them on a free range tree.

Or

3. Place them on a free range tree outside.

Hopefully one of these will work. Keep us posted! Good luck!

I was just messing around lol.

But to put in my 2 cents, I've never bred before. But he does seem a little small and a little young.

I don't think that it's a size or age issue. I know breeders that start their males at 6 months of age.

This male looks plenty big. Look at the difference in head size.

Try the steps listed above and let us know. :)

I re-homed the male, he was in a bit of a poor condition when I got him, he seems to be getting better now though :). I was told he is about 4 years old ! As for the female, I've had her since she was little and she's been fine and is a nice healthy specimen I believe :).
I have true them in different vivs but still nothing. The closest they got was when I put them on a live plant outside both vivs. He managed to mount her but there was no action :/. I am a first time breeder and have done a significant amount of research.
I have tried placing him in front of a mirror but he doesn't seem to fire up !
I want to show him to another male and then give it a go may be this will work, but this means trying to find another male local to me which I believe will be a challenge its self.

Back
Top Bottom