Male Fischers

Debby

My male Fischers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 173
Hi.
Do you know which sub species he is? Looks like a multituberculata?
He looks great, I also have a male. I really like keeping this species & find my male is fairly tame, as long as you let him decide if he's in the mood to be handled or not. How do you find your's to keep?
Here's a pic of my male, having some free range time in the garden. The colours he shows in the natural sunlight are amazing.

Attachments

• IMAG1237.jpg
    IMAG1237.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 124
My male Fischers

Hi.
Do you know which sub species he is? Looks like a multituberculata?

There are no subspecies of Fischer's Chameleon (Kinyongia fischeri) and what everyone typically calls Fischer's actually are not. You both have West Usambara Two-horned Chameleon (Kinyongia multituberculata). They were once considered a subspecies of fischeri, but were elevated to full species status in 2008.

Chris

Wow!! I never new that, thanks Chris.
So Kinyongia fischeri, are still K. fischeri & are a separate species?

Wow!! I never new that, thanks Chris.
So Kinyongia fischeri, are still K. fischeri & are a separate species?

Not exactly. It turns out that what we thought we K. fischeri (what we used to call fischeri fischeri) are actually a different species (K. matschiei) and true K. fischeri were much rarer than previously known and until 2008, only known from a handful of specimens.

Chris

Ok thanks for the info Chris.
What species would you say he is? I believed him to be K. fischeri fischeri, but now he's most likely K. matschiei then?

Attachments

• IMG_37141.jpg
    IMG_37141.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 126
Thanks very much Chris. I do remember reading those threads before, but very interesting to read them again. Are you still keeping them Chris?

Btw, sorry to sort of take over your thread Debby. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks very much Chris. I do remember reading those threads before, but very interesting to read them again. Are you still keeping them Chris?

Btw, sorry to sort of take over your thread Debby. Hope you don't mind.

Nope, unfortunately I do not currently have K. fischeri.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom