Male dead, female fading? Please advise...

Just wow! You've had a bad time. I'm sorry. I have a feeling we'll never really know what happened to your male without a detailed necropsy that might have pinpointed the problem (and cause for the bloody stool too). And, from your original info it sounded as if these two weren't cared for properly before you got them. That could explain a lot too.

To blame the female's death on some mysterious virus seems convenient as there's again no real proof without the necropsy. That they managed to break her jaw is a problem certainly. It makes me wonder if she did have an underlying metabolic deficiency making her more fragile and declining, or if they really did mishandle her. Either way, you'd still be stuck with the cost of the necropsy even though all it would do is ease your mind.

Sounds as if you need to take a break, heal yourself and your heart, and maybe try again when life is a bit more settled.:)

Oh no, I am so sorry! Had I seen this sooner I would have echoed the two people that blamed either parasites or an infection for the death of your male, it seems like the most likely culprits.

I'm also sorry that the vets may have been rough with her. Vets are great but not very many of them have experience dealing with and handling delicate species like chameleons, so the stress can kill an already weak cham.

Back
Top Bottom