Male and female Veiled chams housed together

AMGChams

I do know that adult male veiled Chams are supposed to be housed alone but is it acceptable for a 4 month old female veiled and a 3 month old male veiled to be housed together in a 18x18x36 as long as there is no signs of aggression?

im new so take it as a grain of salt. but from what i have read that would be the time to start considering individual housing.
if they arnt fighting then i would guess its ok but i would still plan for another setup in the near near future.

im new so take it as a grain of salt. but from what i have read that would be the time to start considering individual housing.
if they arnt fighting then i would guess its ok but i would still plan for another setup in the near near future.

I under stand I was just interested in knowing if any one has heard of there being cases where a male and female have been able to co-exist past the 6 month age. I honestly would not house them together if there were any signs of aggression or stress from either of them I just wanted to know if any one has had a pair that were capable of living together in the same cage.

Agression and/or stress is only one thing you have to worry about. They will start to breed much too young if you house them together. Females can lay eggs as young as 5 months and a male can certainly fertilize those eggs at 5 months.

Agression and/or stress is only one thing you have to worry about. They will start to breed much too young if you house them together. Females can lay eggs as young as 5 months and a male can certainly fertilize those eggs at 5 months.

I thought they reached sexual maturity at 6 months so thank you for that information I would not want my female breeding and laying eggs at such a young age.

I believe females can mate at 4 months to lay fertile clutches at 5 months. Some 4 month old males can certainly fertilize the females just fine.

Back
Top Bottom