Makes me so mad that people kill spiders

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
Ok it just makes me so mad that people kill spiders and refuse to even make an effort to try to release it instead. People normally kill them when they either hate them or fear them. But like, take this as an example. Spiders are like beetles. There isn’t really too much beetle phobia is there? No. So people don’t really hate and kill beetles because they are scary. Spiders are literally the same as beetles. They have no interest in chasing after you. They are only trying to survive and bite very rarely and ONLY when threatened. Don’t bother it and it won’t bother you. I personally have handled plenty of spiders and NOT 1 has bitten me!! Even if they did bite you, the average house spider in the states is not toxic like at all. They are seriously nothing to be scared of, but people kill them. They are living! And they did not mean to get killed!! They were trying to survive!! It is the persons problem if they are scared of the spider, not the spider’s. Yet, they take it out on the spider. By ending its life. I think that the reason spiders are so hated is the ideology that they are bad, gross, scary, whatever. It’s passed down from generation to generation I feel like. And I think if people were educated about how spiders actually are and even had a positive experience with them, that would solve much of the problem. It is honestly so sad that people kill these animals, because they are not meaning to scare anyone. Today I realized just how many people are totally fine with killing them, and won’t even try to release them, and it is just sad.
Sorry I am not meaning to get anyone who kills them mad, I just needed to write it because it is such a sad thing. And today I got so annoyed. With people that kill them and REFUSE to release them for once because “everything dies eventually, why does it matter when?” Like would it be ok if your puppy got killed “because it doesn't matter when”?? Of course not!!! I am so angry and I wish people would stop killing them and instead get them in a jar and release them outside.

Agreed, I think I read something, it's the way they move erratically which triggers fear in our brains. They use this in horror movies, think of how many of the monsters in movies have those quick, unpredictable movement patterns. I'm sure it's a past survival mechanism of ours to avoid dangerous things, snakes too.

I personally hate killing anything for no reason. I could hunt and all that, but it has to be for a purpose. I used to pick up everything from spiders to snakes as a kid... now they fascinate me, but I'd be a little nervous to hold a large spider lol. I don't even kill the big house centipedes, drives my wife crazy. They do a lot of good, why bother them.

Every living creature in this world has a purpose, and every time we kill a living thing, you are killing its purpose. Spiders have a purpose, snakes, bees. They may look intimidating, but really we are intimidating them.

well i mean, people have more reason to kill mosquitos... they do seek out people to bite and can carry diseases. you could release them outside but i feel you dont have to if you dont like them lol because they do bite and could potentially carry a disease

i do love spiders, and at least some people dont kill them lol. and @Haley Hendrix maybe you could offer to catch the spiders and release them? just an idea (if you haven't tried it yet) or educate them on spiders because that could help.. i feel like the reason are scared of them is because how they are portrayed, and actually the people dont know that is not how they actually are at all.

Agreed about mosquitoes, they gotta die. Anything that there is an abundance of and is directly harming people and/or the ecosystem has to go

yup so long as there are already plenty of mosquitos, l think it is fine to kill any in your house. the only role they pley that is benifical is as prey i feel like,like to spiders or bats or whatever.

This is true. I think the world would be fine if there were no mosquitoes. BUT, the world would not be fine if there were no more spiders because they keep a balance of bugs like flies, mosquitoes, cockroaches, and other bugs.

To add onto this, most of the time I just catch them and put them back outside or in the grass. In Texas we have lots of wild spiders where i live. I just get a plate and scoop him on there and put them outside. It’s not that big of a deal. Like you said they just want to survive and they don’t know what there doing. Don’t kill them if they aren’t harming anything. Here’s one of the spiders I put outside the other day.

Attachments

• 820EC98A-B618-4ACE-BE0B-E6D404CA404F.jpeg
    820EC98A-B618-4ACE-BE0B-E6D404CA404F.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 92
Sorry but if it is a widow or brown recluse it is dead in my house, other spiders i am fine with, even had a baby orb weaver grew to over 3" big on the porch and didnt kill him. Also dont say those two arent bad since a brown recluse will attack and bite for no reason. At least the ones in FL will.

I realize that you may not understand irrational fears but seriously spiders make me vomit. I am physically sick when I see one. I can't even kill it. I can't get that close. I wish I could because it literally keeps me from staying at my mom's house because she lives in the woods in Texas and there are SOOOO many. I feel like they are crawling on me when I am there.
I love most other bugs. I am raising roaches and maggots in my house for heaven's sake. I like my roaches. I think they are adorable and I recently lost some in the mail and I keep seeing someone opening that package and seeing them and spraying them with Raid and tossing them and it makes me heartsick.
I understand where y'all are coming from. I wish I could jump on and say.. No don't kill spiders but I cannot. I can't kill them either but I do want them gone. Maybe just like magically poofed to a pit in hell... no kidding. but somewhere far far away... the moon maybe.
Please don't hate me... especially you @jamest0o0 . I don't want you to stop selling me bugs. :oops:

I realize that you may not understand irrational fears but seriously spiders make me vomit. I am physically sick when I see one. I can't even kill it. I can't get that close. I wish I could because it literally keeps me from staying at my mom's house because she lives in the woods in Texas and there are SOOOO many. I feel like they are crawling on me when I am there.
I love most other bugs. I am raising roaches and maggots in my house for heaven's sake. I like my roaches. I think they are adorable and I recently lost some in the mail and I keep seeing someone opening that package and seeing them and spraying them with Raid and tossing them and it makes me heartsick.
I understand where y'all are coming from. I wish I could jump on and say.. No don't kill spiders but I cannot. I can't kill them either but I do want them gone. Maybe just like magically poofed to a pit in hell... no kidding. but somewhere far far away... the moon maybe.
Please don't hate me... especially you @jamest0o0 . I don't want you to stop selling me bugs. :oops:

I don't blame you, that's called a phobia lol and can't blame people for having them. Spiders are one of the most common too, probably for survival reasons as mentioned. All that said, you don't really want spiders gone(whether you know it or not) because the consequences would probably be terrible haha.

I don't blame you, that's called a phobia lol and can't blame people for having them. Spiders are one of the most common too, probably for survival reasons as mentioned. All that said, you don't really want spiders gone(whether you know it or not) because the consequences would probably be terrible haha.
My logical brain knows this... my phobic brain however runs away screaming like a little girl. But thank you for now holding it against me. What would I do without my bug dealer? LOL

Back
Top Bottom