Make Ur own Cage: Under $50

Kibu

Make Your Own 30" by 30" by 48" Enclosure for Under $50. I will post instructions later!!! U can save lots of $$$!!! Go to Utube and look up Jdog Chameleon Cages, You can make high quality cages!!!!

Is this you? Real nice cages but can't find any of the stuff in the UK, if anyone knows the name of the frame or where I can get it? It'll b much appreciated!

They don't use PVC piping in the UK? I believe that's what most of his cages are constructed of. Try a plumbing wholesale house or the UK equivalent of home depot. (any home improvement store)

Jdog is another member here. Most hardware stores carry the screen framing and other materials required... I think it is just called "screen framing".
A window company may be able to sell you the materials also

They don't use PVC piping in the UK? I believe that's what most of his cages are constructed of. Try a plumbing wholesale house or the UK equivalent of home depot. (any home improvement store)
He uses aluminium frames
Do you know any online links to that stuff? There's a few different types by the looks of it

There are a few different types, I rescreen the cage to have bigger holes as the chams get older.

its aluminum framing with aluminum screen.....jdog has a how to build video on you tube. You can build aproximetly 3 cages for around 150$ us anyhow he does it right so if u follow the step by step instructions its not hard. Ive rescreened two cages and its farely simple just getting the right size spline which i beleive is .140 diameter. And you will need a spline tool and screws and hinges and aluminum frame!

Jdog is another member here. Most hardware stores carry the screen framing and other materials required... I think it is just called "screen framing".
A window company may be able to sell you the materials also

if you go through a window company and buy bulk you can save even more. just make sure they dont try jacking the price up on it too much. and you can always haggle them down, all they act as is a middle man you dont need to be paying retail. you also have more options on color. i always recommend the black, charcoal and anything lighter kind of diffuses the light so its not as aesthetically appealing.

you can also ask about having them spline the panels in for you, it should be a minimal expense. if youre a first timer making an aluminum cage, figureing out how to keep the screen taut (bigger the panel the more difficult this is) and avoiding kinking the screen can be difficult.

fiberglass screen is cheaper but the lights will deteriorate the material so make sure you go aluminum.

You can also use wood instead of the metal frames, and you can expand the size using the same instructions.

Back
Top Bottom