mail man took the oustalets??

Tay And A

so i shipped off a cham to Massachusetts today. it still hasnt gotten to where its supposed to be in east bridgewater,ma. it arrived in Pennsylvania at 1pm today. hasnt moved since then. any suggestions? the buyer already revoked their payment on paypal....and the post office told me that i can get my shipping cost back $40. but lovely right?! ive heard of these types of things happening before, especially on the east coast of the us. idk what to do at this point. i really care about this cham and hope that i can get some answers soon

USPS packages are automatically insured for $100 unless you buy extra. So, if they lost it, file a claim for the insured amount with proof of invoice. They have to pay it, that is what insurance is about. If it was not insured for more than the $100, get your $100 back and consider it a learning experience. Mail order is tough sometimes. Dishonest postman can say the package got lost and dishonest customers can steal from you saying they never got the package. You have to protect yourself.

My brother once custom ordered a $3,000 guitar that disappeared off the truck. Tracking says it got loaded and then it vanished. He got it months later after a fraud investigation was started against a certain employee. It had been used and abused and had to be returned to the factory for replacement. All in all it took six months for him to finally get his instrument.

I've gone in to USPS before and they specifically told me they don't insure any live animals. So I did not get any of my DOA's refunded. Not sure if that is the case everywhere but that was the case at my local USPS.

I also have personally experienced an express mail package never showing up, and then I received a note later in the day saying that they missed me and tried to deliver, but the time it said on the note that they tried to deliver on someone was at home waiting for the package. So then I go to try and claim a shipping refund, and the manager tells me "he can only go by what the postman tells him", but keep in mind the postman was lying to begin with, so obviously he is not going to incriminate himself by saying that he didnt attempt to deliver when he said he did on the time marked on the note.

Also in my experience USPS express mail is not on time 50 percent of the time I use it.

I won't even ship insects with USPS anymore. They are very unreliable and no matter what service you pay for its not guaranteed. And they are a government agency so you wont my get any recourse or customer service.

Yeah, who cares about the $40.. My main concern would be for the chameleon right now. I think if days pass, I would wanna think that someone stole him and he is not lost somewhere sitting in a box. I hope you have a good outcome to this situation and there is some type of delay and the chameleon arrives safe and sound. I feel sorry for you, as I would be going crazy with worry. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Where I live USPS is worse then useless.
I get those yellow delivery attempted things all the time. Cant read the writing on them, have to wait till next day and go there in person because they do not have the good sense to try delivery again.

I go there and it takes 20 minutes, and 3 employees to even find the package.

They damage everything they get their hands on.
I gave them a box with "FRAGIL GLASS" stickers plastered all over it and she asks me, "anything fragile in it?" LOL!!
Then she slams the box down on the scale with brute force right in front of me!!!

I DO NOT use USPS, and request that those I do business with avoid them as well.

its all even the more frustrating because fedex around here only ships live animals from one location! and its a good half hour drive away. then UPS told me that they dont even ship live animals. im at an extreme loss here...

What about Ship Your Reptiles?? You are looking for a shipper for the future? Did you hear anything on your chameleon??/

they finally delivered the package! now time to see if he's alive or not and if the buyer will be nice and resend me the money...im never using usps for east coast packages again! cant believe how horrible this agency is on that side of the states!

I'm glad he made it and hope he's ok.
I ordered fly pupae that have now been lost 12 days. My only satisfaction is that they are hatching in some postal warehouse causing a fly infestation. :)

That's terrible... Ive been scammed before so im very cautious of what I do with online buying/selling... hope all goes well for the and that poor cham....

my cham was delivered yesterday from fedex and instead of going tot he front door and knocking they left a a box with "LIVE ANIMAL" sitting on my back stoop without even a knock... in the 85 degree weather.... never again....

they finally delivered the package! now time to see if he's alive or not and if the buyer will be nice and resend me the money...im never using usps for east coast packages again! cant believe how horrible this agency is on that side of the states!

That's great news. I'm sure the buyer will do the right thing. I use USPS almost every day and rarely have any problems but I'm not shipping live cargo with them. That gets stressful no matter who you use, but FedEx has been doing great for us with live shipments.

Can you contact Paypal and show proof that the chameleon was delivered? How was he able to revoke the payment so fast? I am surprised that Paypal would allow him to do that.

Luis

USPS is not going to give you the same level of service of FedEx.

It can be the cheapest service, but will also be the poorest performance.

FedEx has a far superior tracking system, being scanned at multiple points throughout the process. FedEx also provides a much more reliable Overnight delivery service. US Postal doesn't even guarantee overnight delivery to many addresses.

Using the ShipYourReptiles service, you can also insure for On-Time and Live Arrival for your live reptile shipments, no other shipping service offers that feature.

As for a driver leaving the package at the home/door without a signature, unless you specifically request a signature through Delivery Confirmation (which is a few dollars extra), a signature is not REQUIRED for delivery, regardless of weather.

If the driver encounters a live person at the address, they will get a signature, but unless Delivery Confirmation has been paid for, they can leave the package at the door "in a safe location" at the discretion of the driver.

It is especially important to make sure your recipient is anticipating the delivery of your package to avoid it sitting in the sun, or just on the porch, after delivery.

Back
Top Bottom