Madagascar natives

Kaizen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just got new seeds! One is a Madagascar native tree, the other will make a fragrant addition so my cages!

Attachments

• 2711146F-4CDC-4F3A-B168-77B23227FECA.jpeg
    2711146F-4CDC-4F3A-B168-77B23227FECA.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 81
Have you talked to @cyberlocc at all? He was working with all kinds of natives
I haven’t, but I’ve grown these before. The delonix are meaty legume-type seeds, and a little nick with sharp knife and good hot soak, and they germinate in like 3 days. The cananga oderata are a bit more of a pain, but if you use a tiny bit of giberrellic acid, and they usually work.

Very good. I have got a couple Madagascar native plants growing in my greenhouse now. They are shrubs though. I had a Madagascar Baobab Tree for about a year. However that tree did not respond to well to my montane greenhouse conditions. I should have kept that tree 10 degree's Fahrenheit warmer. The greenhouse that sold the Baobab said those trees are supposed to die back in the winter then regrow. That one died back and never regrew.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Very good. I have got a couple Madagascar native plants growing in my greenhouse now. They are shrubs though. I had a Madagascar Baobab Tree for about a year. However that tree did not respond to well to my montane greenhouse conditions. I should have kept that tree 10 degree's Fahrenheit warmer. The greenhouse that sold the Baobab said those trees are supposed to die back in the winter then regrow. That one died back and never regrew.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Your green house must look amazing ?

Jozette

HaHa Thanks. When you collect chameleons. Why not collect plants/tree's as well? Especially African and Madagascar native plants. Another good not to difficult African species of tree/plant to propagate is Acacia Tree species.

Here is a link to my greenhouse thread.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/greenhouses.35607/

I apologize. I only had an old link to some photo's of my Madagascar shrubs. I shall make some more photo's tomorrow. Both plants are Madagascar native shrubs.

elbgnK.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have had plenty of my other plants dieback during the winter then regrow in the following spring such as my Plumberia Tree, Avacodo Tree, Ylang Ylang Bush, and both of my two Madagascar shrubs plus others. The Madagascar Baobab Tree was more of the exception to the rule.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom