Machu & Pechu

nhoj6465

I got my Chams about 10 days ago. They r doing great! I had a lil scare at first w/ Machu the male he wouldn't eat for the first 3 days then he shed his skin and he ate that day;)It took him about 4 hrs to completely shed. They are so cute and are lil pigs!! I have been feeding crickets and now started them on silkworms. They both took a worm out of my hands today. Very exciting!! I am going to post some pics of them and their enclosure. I would love to hear what u think. Comments welcome! The first three pics r the F and the last two r the M.

Attachments

• Chameleon & J  B Day 001.jpg
    Chameleon & J B Day 001.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Chameleon & J  B Day 051.jpg
    Chameleon & J B Day 051.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 191
  • Chameleon & J  B Day 017.jpg
    Chameleon & J B Day 017.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Chameleon & J  B Day 025.jpg
    Chameleon & J B Day 025.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Chameleon & J  B Day 044.jpg
    Chameleon & J B Day 044.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 167
I got my Chams about 10 days ago. They r doing great! I had a lil scare at first w/ Machu the male he wouldn't eat for the first 3 days then he shed his skin and he ate that day;)It took him about 4 hrs to completely shed. They are so cute and are lil pigs!! I have been feeding crickets and now started them on silkworms. They both took a worm out of my hands today. Very exciting!! I am going to post some pics of them and their enclosure. I would love to hear what u think. Comments welcome! The first three pics r the F and the last two r the M.
The pics of the cage are before they got here we have more folage n there now.

Attachments

• DSC03679.jpg
    DSC03679.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC03683.jpg
    DSC03683.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 142
Looking great!

I'm sure you know, but just to make sure (because I couldn't tell from the pics), you are using a reptisun linear tube for UVB right? Also, I saw an analog thermometer in the cage..these can be very unreliable so I would recommend getting a digital one if you don't already have one. You can get them at Petco for like $7.

Anywho..congratulations! It's so great they are eating out of your hand already!! What locale are they??

Yes I have a 48" Reptisun 5.0 UVB on them and I do have digital Thermometers too. They are both Ambilobes. All I need to finish the set up is a mistking! Can't wait to get one of those!!

Okay, sounds great! I would love to get a mistking, but I'd rather stick with my $7 pump sprayer for now. How old are they??

The Female will b 5 months on the 1st of April & the male 4 months on the 9th. I have a pump sprayer too. I think I will stick w/that 4 a while. What is very cool is that the male eats out of my hand already and the female is a lil weary of me but she has once. It may take a while with her she seems stand offish. These lil creatures r the coolest!!

Well coool! I think I might start building more single unit cages to sale. It didn't cost much to build the double. Plus the one we built it very durable it took about 1 month to build between work & toddlers. Thanks 4 the comments! I am so stoked to have these lil guys!! Just wondering does anyone think that these cages r a salable item! Would anyone like one?

Those are some nice chameleons, good color for one that young. I think your cages came out great. I like the way you have them landscaped.

Thanks sooo much I my husband and I worked very hard on everything!! I am just happy we have our lil Cahms now and everything is done! Well almost done I still have to put a drainage system in it. Thanks again!!

Great cages and nice looking chams also. I think the only hurdle to building cages is the shipping is a nightmare for something that large.

I got my Chameleons about 10 days ago. They r doing great! I had a lil scare at first w/ Machu the male he wouldn't eat for the first 3 days then he shed his skin and he ate that day;)It took him about 4 hrs to completely shed. They are so cute and are lil pigs!! I have been feeding crickets and now started them on silkworms. They both took a worm out of my hands today. Very exciting!! I am going to post some pics of them and their enclosure. I would love to hear what u think. Comments welcome! The first three pics r the F and the last two r the M.

Those are some nice Chameleons. Where'd you get them from?

Back
Top Bottom