LYR Dual fixture with Arcadia 6% and 6500K

"reptile bulbs" provide UVB/UVA. The phosphors goal is UVB in the bone growning zone, but it puts out UVA as a biproduct. The 6500k only has 3 phosphors, red,green,blue, to make "white". The Arcadia bulb has 5-7, with 1 dedicated to just UVB, and then some others to make it more "full spectrum" such as orange.

The unit does have a reflector, but it is a "mono" or single reflector, so it puts out 80% of what a unit with a reflector for each bulb would put out. Its not as bad asthe reduction in a quad with a mono, those only put out 40% for the 2 inner bulbs.

This reduction should not matter in 90% of the cases. It would only matter if you had a something like a 6ft tall cage, and were trying to get by with a 6% instead of a 12%, and had a meter to do the tuning.

Reactions: ajs
Has anyone used this setup?

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/24...-arcadia-6-and-6-5k-day-light-bulbs-included/

I saw that some of the lights in these kits said UVA/B. I couldn't find if the 6% Arcadia supplied with this is just UVB or not.

Thinking about purchasing this (or the 36" one) once I upgrade my cham to a larger enclosure in the upcoming months.

Does this fixture have a reflector?
I was literally looking at the same one this weekend debating on it. Just gotta start sweet talking the wife lol

I was literally looking at the same one this weekend debating on it. Just gotta start sweet talking the wife lol

Lmao I know the feeling. Just last night my gf asked how much I have spent on my cham and his enclosure/food (with a bit of an angry tone)

Lmao I know the feeling. Just last night my gf asked how much I have spent on my cham and his enclosure/food (with a bit of an angry tone)
Oh man I'm glad I havent gotten that question asked. I got a month or 2 before I gotta move my guy to his upgraded cage so maybe will start a secret savings account on the side for this light lol that way when it comes down to it the money's already there

Back
Top Bottom