Lump removal surgery?

Zakmillard

So our 8 month old Veiled chameleon has a lump on his side, it started off small and has slowly grown over a couple of months to about the size of the top of a pencil. We took him to the vets that the reptile shop we got him from recommended yesterday and they have said they want to remove it and send it off for analysis, the money isn't an issue but my wife and I are concerned because he is so young we are worried about him being put under! We have had pets in the past who haven't made it through the anaesthetic and really don't want to lose him! He is eating very very happily, drinking moving happily and his feces is perfect! What are people's thoughts and experiences with anaesthetic?

Thanks guys appreciate any help!

I highly recommend you get the lump removed and sent off to the lab to find out exactly what it is. As long as you have a good reptile vet, he should be fine, however there is always a risk, even with us humans. My chameleons have always done very well with lump removal, egg removal and various other surgery.

IMG20201207114134.jpg

Back
Top Bottom