low sperm count?

fabos

is it possible for chameleons to have a low sperm count...?

my 19 month old male panther seems to get very few fertal eggs from clutches..
i am sure its on the males side because ive used 2 different females.
his first time breeding he only got 4 fertal eggs. his second time he got 10 and now he got 15...

does that seem normal?
ive never had that problem with veileds

I have never bred panthers before so I dont know what the "norm" is. Animals can have fertility problems just like us, so it is possible that your male could have a lower than average sperm count.

It's more likely your husbandry actually. All things account towards how the female produces the eggs. Vitamins, minerals, Ultraviolet A AND B, heat, health, etc.

How many eggs has each female laid each time, of each of those clutches, how many do you feel are viable?

You said..."4 fertal eggs. his second time he got 10 and now he got 15"...how many eggs were in each clutch?

Is the male the same morph as the females that you are breeding him with?

some don't even breed . it has nothing to do with husbandry skills . If your animal is healthy it should mate . but these isn't true . I bought one in perfect health just two weeks ago and it won't even bob has head at the females and hread more then one good breeders having these happened with there males . I think it has to do with breeders have all the baby's in cages for to long together . for the not breeding thing . but for low sperm count , they are animals and all animals have can have problems . but have you had any baby's from him hatch . because I've had more then one clutch that has rotted out and some eggs look all right but never hatched . if you had them hatch I would do what your doing . but if not I would try a different stud . good luck Jeremy Elder

You said..."4 fertal eggs. his second time he got 10 and now he got 15"...how many eggs were in each clutch?

Is the male the same morph as the females that you are breeding him with?

id say each clutch had around 20-25 eggs total
this is between 2 different females and 2 different owners of the females. i personally do not own a female so i pimp out my male!

I bought one in perfect health just two weeks ago and it won't even bob has head at the females and hread more then one good breeders having these happened with there males

It is such a shame when that happens, especially when you are fond of the male in question and would like a couple clutches off of him. Spencer won't breed.. doesn't even show interest.

spen3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom