Low profile lighting for basking?

Ceycham

Established Member
I've been using a dome light (the larger size double, not the mini) with some type of heat bulb plus a regular just light bulb, for Norman to bask under and it's been great. However for my new build there's less hidden space up top and I'd prefer something much more low profile. What's out there? For UVB we have the fluorescent variety which will do great. Enclosure will be about 48" high.

I've been using a dome light (the larger size double, not the mini) with some type of heat bulb plus a regular just light bulb, for Norman to bask under and it's been great. However for my new build there's less hidden space up top and I'd prefer something much more low profile. What's out there? For UVB we have the fluorescent variety which will do great. Enclosure will be about 48" high.
Grab some recessed fixtures from Home Depot

I guess I’m not aware of what the choices are for heating bulbs . Can I use other stuff besides something that says For reptiles on it lol?

There are some fixtures for the cage top that the bulb goes in horizontal rather that vertical and they sit lower. There are probably better and cheaper DIY options.
ZooMed naturalistic terrarium hood.

I guess I’m not aware of what the choices are for heating bulbs . Can I use other stuff besides something that says For reptiles on it lol?
Yes, it’s usually a better quality and cheaper option too! As long as it creates heat, your good.

Back
Top Bottom