Love for all small souls

SmallToes

With so many passionate keepers among the community surely there's more than chameleons thriving around here! Personally I found an interest in snakes too! I would love to see photos of your various interests as well!

This is Noodle, a Nelson's milksnake. My first and my escape artist.

I eventually wanted something bigger, this is Zoe! A friendly Ball Python.

By this time I was tired of looking at an empty enclosure, meet Lil' boy! A speedy corn snake.

Nice little snek collection you have going on there! I need to take more pics of my ball pythons, but it's just hard to when you have 16 and are working on getting them ready for breeding. Mine get little interaction as some of them have gone off of food for coming out to explore regularly and id rather have them eating regularly than have them sitting on my lap or them exploring the couch.

Thanks!! You must have a lot of rats coming and going! :ROFLMAO: Out of curiosity have you got yours moved to frozen/thawed? Took me like 2 months to get my Zoe to even look at thawed rats. I felt bad about having to live feed and i didn't like risking Zoe's face being chewed on. After about 5 live feedings I began to call her Killer. o_O

It's cool your able to let them free range in your home!! Gotta build those snek muscles! My ladies guinea pig wouldn't appreciate any free ranging snakes around here. ;)

All of mine are on F/T. Presentation is key, not all of them are comfortable with prey dangling above their head. Sometimes you have to play puppet master with the F/T rats. I go through a decent amount of feeders and have to pickup more this weekend as I'm almost out.

Glad to hear! I used to have to skewer the rat like a kebab and hold it level with the ground. Quite close to being exactly that. :ROFLMAO: Thankfully she's not as picky about it anymore.

Ooh goodness that's a cutie! :love: Do geckos do well with handling? What is she like in your hands?

I honestly never handle her. Just a few times when I first got her trying to figure out if she was a she or not lol

Generally leopard geckos are good with handling...but you have to be careful not to hold onto the tail or it will break off. (Defence mechanism)

Generally leopard geckos are good with handling...but you have to be careful not to hold onto the tail or it will break off. (Defence mechanism)
That’s why I don’t handle her. I know as long as I’m careful it won’t happen but I don’t like to risk it

It's something that can happen so fast because we react before we have time to think sometimes. It took me a long time to not react to getting bitten by some of my critters too.

Back
Top Bottom