Lost

Josesenegal

Guys!! I lost Tarzan!! I put him on a little spike tree just outside my house and next to it is a really big bush that Tarzan could easily had gone to i went out to stores like at 10:00 and came back like at 4:00 and when i got back i couldnt find him ... and my heart is racing so hard ... i really have to find him its been almost 18 hrs and the night was a bit chilly any tips on how to attract him or how to find him..... he probably thinks i abandoned him or something anything would help thank you:(

Not to poke at an open wound.. but why would you leave him outside, unattended? I truly hope you find him, but I don't think your chances are too good.

He may not have wandered too far. Keep looking in plants/trees (sometimes they like to get up high as well), see if your neighbors will let you look in their yards. Depending what birds/animals are around where you live he may have been taken by something.

If you find him, don't leave him outside unattended again. Good luck.

Look in trees with a flashlight dusk usually they will try and take off to a nice high spot they can see from where you left him.
I lost my first chameleon for 3 months one time- he was within 100 yards of his cage outside on the water tower - he "got away" right before we were supposed to come back to the states for 2 months and we found him about 3 week after returning - This was 40 years ago and I'm pretty sure my mother let him go so as not to have to deal with what to do with him while we were on leave - he used to walk out the back door quite a bit though and end up on the tree right outside that was in sight through the window of his indoor plant.

Why would you expect him to still be where you left him? What possessed you to leave a wild animal outdoors, completely unattended?

If you're lucky you can still find him tonight with a flashlight, but if not he could very easily have ended up as lunch for a stray cat or hawk or just have disappeared into the wild forever.

Guys!! I lost Tarzan!! I put him on a little spike tree just outside my house and next to it is a really big bush that Tarzan could easily had gone to i went out to stores like at 10:00 and came back like at 4:00 and when i got back i couldnt find him ... and my heart is racing so hard ... i really have to find him its been almost 18 hrs and the night was a bit chilly any tips on how to attract him or how to find him..... he probably thinks i abandoned him or something anything would help thank you:(

hey, at least if he is lost in the wild, your in cali and he wont freeze to death and you still have a chance to wander upon him.

Please post any updates, I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't find my brothers when I put him on a little plant on his desk. I turned out he was in my empty shoe. Looks in bushes or anywhere there might be coverage for him.

If it's chilly out you should be looking for him at dusk with a flashlight (just
like everybody says) but check the east side of trees and bushes mostly.
When cold they like to be in position to catch the first sun in the morning.

i went out to stores like at 10:00 and came back like at 4:00 and when i got back i couldnt find him ... (
You left him outside, alone, for 6 hrs, and expected him to still be there?? He could smell freedom and has a 6 hr head start. If there are any flowering trees or tall trees I would check those. The wild Jacksons love to hang out on flowering trees and eat the bugs that fly in.

Contrary to popular belief, they do climb down from trees and walk on the ground to get where they need/want to if they can't get there from tree to tree. But if given the chance, they'll climb up, so look up. They are really good at sitting still so it's really hard to find them in dense foliage. I even lose mine in my plants in the free range in my house once in a while. I'm not sure why you thought it'd be safe to leave for six hours while he's unattended... It's like leaving any other animal or young child unattended and loose for six hours.

Back
Top Bottom