LOST POWER

Hi! I live in NH, and the temp inside my house is good, but we just lost power (maybe from the heat outside who knows) but now my cham’s Lights are off and it’s only noon. What should I do? Will she be ok?

She should be fine for a few hours or even a day. Keep the light on in the room she is in and she will stay awake. If you can get her outside for an hour or so in the natural light. There's gotta be days in nature that are grey / rainy / darker. If the power will be off for days i'd consider getting a batter bank.

Okay good news phew haha. We’re still working on her trusting me so I’m not fully handling her yet so I won’t be able to get her outside, but I did take the black siding down from the sides of her cage so it’s as light in her cage as possible! I know she won’t be getting any UV from my window in my room but at least it’s light!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 59
Okay good news phew haha. We’re still working on her trusting me so I’m not fully handling her yet so I won’t be able to get her outside, but I did take the black siding down from the sides of her cage so it’s as light in her cage as possible! I know she won’t be getting any UV from my window in my room but at least it’s light!
my Cham was good whe he wasn't used to me, he wasn't aggressive, just cautious. Now that he's used to me, he just bites and attacks me when I get too close.

The thing to remember if they ever do bite you just don’t freak out and throw or drop them. Just watch the signs they will give you lots of warning before biting you.
Mine hissed on my hand before, but for some reason (my hand was right outside her cage so she was in reaching distance of her enclosure) she just hissed at me yet didn’t try to go back into her branches or leaves? So odd

Mine hissed on my hand before, but for some reason (my hand was right outside her cage so she was in reaching distance of her enclosure) she just hissed at me yet didn’t try to go back into her branches or leaves? So odd

She may have just been trying to stand her ground instead of retreating since you were technically in her area. Before they bite they usually start gaping and hissing and kinda thrashing there head back and forth as a warning.

Honestly, The bite doesn't hurt.. It can get catch you by surprise, and like fling the cham away.... The lil teeths feel weird..... Mine drew blood once cuz he started moving his head to the side, like trying to rip my finger off lol... He looked so cute doing it.
Hahah I’m picturing this whole thing lol. How do you get yourself to stay calm when this happens? I got super nervous and scared when mine hissed at me haha even though I’m huge compared to her

Back
Top Bottom