Lost Cham.

JessG

I’m freaking out. I have a 4 month old veiled. I left her door open a crack, went and sat on the couch and checked on her every so often. I guess I dozed off for half hour I went to look in her cage and she’s nowhere to be found. I’ve looked everywhere :(

Don't lose hope! And remember to look up, she probably found something to climb to the top of
My issue is we have an old house. With vents big enough to fit into to. I’m really hoping she didn’t find her way in that or else she’s definitely gone!!

My issue is we have an old house. With vents big enough to fit into to. I’m really hoping she didn’t find her way in that or else she’s definitely gone!!
Well, she has to be able reach them vents first and they are not geckos.
I'd look somewhere up high and not to far from the enclosure, then work my way down.

Well, she has to be able reach them vents first and they are not geckos.
I'd look somewhere up high and not to far from the enclosure, then work my way down.
My vents are reachable. They are on the side of the walls. Right at the bottom. I’m still looking. But so far nothing.

You have a better chance of finding it indoors than out. Don't move around much the vibration could keep it in hiding. It will be better to let it be relaxed and curious and it may come out in the open.

If you have any cats or dogs you should put them away pronto. The chameleon would not venture fat in to a vent because they prefer light not darknes.
I have a cat. And put him away As soon as I realized she was missing. He will be put away for a couple of days. What are th chances of a baby coming out of hiding?

My veiled got out one night I found her the next morning she climbed up another cage and was sitting next to the heat lamp getting warm. Anything hanging to the ground look at the top of. if you have curtains look at the top of them carefully look through them. They will climb power cords and stuff also so if there any of that around id be looking around that more often

My veiled got out one night I found her the next morning she climbed up another cage and was sitting next to the heat lamp getting warm. Anything hanging to the ground look at the top of. if you have curtains look at the top of them carefully look through them. They will climb power cords and stuff also so if there any of that around id be looking around that more often
I will keep looking behind the tv in the living room. Her cage is in there. So I am hoping she’s in that area!

Should I leave some food in a bowl out? She only takes crickets so I’d put them in a higher container. Still freaking out since I lost my baby!

I remember a thread a while back about someone that lost their cham in the house and found it about four months later. So don't give up.

I remember a thread a while back about someone that lost their cham in the house and found it about four months later. So don't give up.

This may be a stupid question, but...they didn't find it...alive...did they? If so, that's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom