Lost and found: Need identification, sexing, advice

Morning All, an update...

First off, many thanks to Mantis (Angela) for sharing this post and looking for the owner. When I give you details below I want you all to consider the impossible odds here.

He has been missing for 5.5 months, I lost him in early August. I spent a couple of weeks looking for him at night and such but I live in a fairly wooded area and outside the city, so he had plenty of places to go.

I felt comfortable that he could live in our climate for the next few months but clearly once December hit I figured he had passed away.

Please note that although I live in the deep south, the past 6 weeks we have had many lows in the mid to upper 30's as well as 4-5 day straight cold and rainy days and heavy storms.

He clearly has survived it all and apparently in good order!!

I will learn from Mantis exactly where he was found and then share his travel distance, that should be interesting.

I will start up another thread to tell the story. There are some things to learn here in terms of their ability to survive outdoor temps and weather.

Thanks again Angela.

If that's the case, then these magnificent creatures may not be as fragile as we are lead to believe. I wonder how many missing cham cases end up like this one? I mean 5.5 months out on his own is bizarre!

Ive contacted Bobby. :) This is great news! I am only slightly disappointed I couldnt keep him! He is a beautiful and unique one hahahaha. This is probably just as well though because I would have named him something dumb like Kringle, he looks like a walking Christmas decoration! :ROFLMAO:

I had a feeling it belonged to Bobby too, but I had lost his contact info. He is the only one I know that would own this type of cham in my area.
Im so glad we found his home. I think this is a sign that I need to get another chameleon lol. Ironically, I lost my panther boy a while back and he was my only one. When someone told me they found a cham in their yard, I got excited and thought that it may have been mine for a moment. I think I need another cham in my life. :p
How long has this guy been gone?
Someone said it was missing for months! Just curious, what have your temps been like for the past few months in Louisiana??? I know it has been unseasonably warm in many parts of the country. I would love to know how far you two live apart!!

This is a awesome story I'm really glad you got him back if u need some one to take him feel free to ship him here lol jk but he is beautiful and looks very healthy

Morning All, an update...

First off, many thanks to Mantis (Angela) for sharing this post and looking for the owner. When I give you details below I want you all to consider the impossible odds here.

He has been missing for 5.5 months, I lost him in early August. I spent a couple of weeks looking for him at night and such but I live in a fairly wooded area and outside the city, so he had plenty of places to go.

I felt comfortable that he could live in our climate for the next few months but clearly once December hit I figured he had passed away.

Please note that although I live in the deep south, the past 6 weeks we have had many lows in the mid to upper 30's as well as 4-5 day straight cold and rainy days and heavy storms.

He clearly has survived it all and apparently in good order!!

I will learn from Mantis exactly where he was found and then share his travel distance, that should be interesting.

I will start up another thread to tell the story. There are some things to learn here in terms of their ability to survive outdoor temps and weather.

Thanks again Angela.
This is amazing! I have seen stories on here where the chameleons were lost and found months later, but they were in warm places like California and I think one was Arizona. You are right, this says alot about the temps they can survive in. Everyone is always stuck at the "bring them in if the temps get below 50". I guess they can adapt better than we think! So happy that you got your guy back! Can't wait to find out how long he traveled!

Wow, this is definitely cool and could yield some interesting information for the hobby. So, who's up for tagging and releasing some of their chams? haha

Lathis
Bobby is in meetings today but yes he is from that import
Sorry for posting mistakes I'm tech challenged and haven't learned how to post properly after the site changes.

What a great story with a happy ending. I think you should give Angela a panther of some sort for returning him. Some people would have never come back on the forums much less called you once they found out he belonged to someone.

I agree with jannb get Angela a Panther she needs to own one after this amazing story and the efforts she took
What a great story with a happy ending. I think you should give Angela a panther of some sort for returning him. Some people would have never come back on the forums much less called you once they found out he belonged to someone.

Wow, that's amazing! I'm so glad you've got him back :)
Chameleons are tough creatures. I was surprised when I first came to this forum and found that everyone thought they were super-delicate. It goes down to 16C here at night (Kenya) and this is the hot season.

Ive messaged Bobby the addess he was found on. I wasnt technically the one who found him, a lady near Youngsville did and she contacted Petsmart. Petsmart then contacted me knowing that I am the "local chameleon person", and I met with the lady and picked him up from there.
I live in Scott, and he came from Youngsville, so if you want to count the distance it took to me picking him up then he went FAR. :ROFLMAO: But he was FOUND by himself on the outskirts of Youngsville from what I understand. I dont know Bobbys address yet so I dont know exact distance he traveled.

Its definitely been in the near 30s on some days in the past few weeks. It fluctuates greatly from day to day and week to week but there were a few days where my windshield was completely iced over with a thick sheet. This is pretty amazing. And again, he looks healthy and he is a huge monster size for a panther. My boys were half his size. How old was he when he escaped I wonder?

Hey all, based on the address that mantis provided me, he traveled about 4.5 blocks over the 5.5 months including a fairly major heavily traveled road.

Again, fairly impressive.

And for all of you wondering, yes, she will have a shiny new Panther of her own this weekend for her efforts which are greatly appreciated.

Bobby

He is getting some good eats in his setup now!
We are going to try and meet for this Saturday. I'm super excited for the new panther I'll be getting. :)

20160106_121828.jpg

Sounds like a happy ending for everyone involved. I'm glad he managed to get through his grand adventure in one piece!

Hey all, based on the address that mantis provided me, he traveled about 4.5 blocks over the 5.5 months including a fairly major heavily traveled road.

Again, fairly impressive.

And for all of you wondering, yes, she will have a shiny new Panther of her own this weekend for her efforts which are greatly appreciated.

Bobby
Bobby you need to change your signature to 3.3 panthers! :p

You will have to weigh him and let us know how much and also how old is he? Be interesting if you knew his weight when he escaped and how much he weighs from being MIA. Also, are you on Chameleon Central?. I have not seen this story appear yet on there.

Back
Top Bottom