Loss of Octavia

ferretinmyshoes

Veterinarian
Staff member
There will be no more Pygmy babies at my house as my momma pygmy Octavia passed away tonight. She was looking a little haggard about a month ago and I realized her mate was bothering her so I moved her to a new tank and she perked right up and has been active, eating and drinking great since then. Even yesterday she was fine and hunting. But when I got home from work today she was passed away near where she had been sleeping last night. :( I've had her for almost a year and a half and she was an adult wc when I got her so it may have just been old age. She always had squinty eyes...

full

She blessed me with 9 beautiful baby pygs while I had her and I can't even tell you how excited I was to see those microscopic babies emerge from their eggs each time ready to take on the world! I only have one of her sons left, little Batu. There rest of her young ones went to happy homes. I was hoping for some girls to carry on the family line but she threw boys like no one's business (8/9)!

full

Very sad to see her go. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your little one. Sounds like you have some very fond memories that you will be able to keep with you. Please know you are my thoughts and prayers.
R.I.P. Octavia

Dayna I am so sorry. You were able to do so well with the little ones. She had a good life with you. RIP

I am so very sorry that you lost Octavia. She was such a lovely little lady. I know you will miss her.

So sorry about Octavia. I loved to see your pygies. This made me think of Eugene. Even creatures this small, it's hard to see them go. :( I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aww I am so sorry! Octavia was a pretty little lady, squinty eyes and all! It is sad she is gone, but at least she gave the world some beautiful babies in her time here!

My sincerest condolences to you. You know you gave her a wonderful life in her "senior" years. She was a happy healthy little one.
RIP- Octavia

So sorry for your loss, Dayna. I'm sure she had a very good home with you and that you enjoyed her and will have good memories of her....and you still have her son to carry on the line.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Her little boy is quite the character and he tries to live up the stereotypical chameleon reputation! He's really good at changing his colors depending on what he's sitting on. He turns light on the lighter plants and dark green on the darker plants and brown on the rocks and stripy brown on the sticks. Don't see it in true chameleons really but I've noticed my pygs are pretty good at living up to that expectation.

One day, hopefully not too far away, I'll get some more pygs. Maybe I'll get another pair and then cross babies with babies to get a whole new line. :)

I would love to see you start a line of pgymys. We don't have a breeder on the forum. Think of all the customers who need you.:)

Back
Top Bottom