Loooooong incubation

TylerStewart

Right Wing Extremist
Site Sponsor
I had a suprise last night....

I had a clutch of 19 Sambava eggs laid February 2nd, 2006. Last fall, 15 of them hatched, and were since grown up and sold off. 4 remaining eggs looked perfect and were large, so I left them alone. Well, one of them decided to hatch last night, almost 16 months after being laid! This is surely my longest timeframe for a panther chameleon, and the other 3 eggs aren't doing anything yet. They're spaced about 6" apart each (since all the eggs in between hatched back in September or so), and I still expect these to hatch, just don't know when. Here's a picture of this morning's baby.

Attachments

• LateHatcher.JPG
    LateHatcher.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 163
Ahh, such a cute little fellow!

Tell ya what.. I probably wouldn't whine too much if a box holding that chameleon arrived on my porch in 2.5-3 months..? :D

Ahh, such a cute little fellow!

Tell ya what.. I probably wouldn't whine too much if a box holding that chameleon arrived on my porch in 2.5-3 months..? :D

We'll see.... I'm halfway concerned that his growth might be slow because of this long of an incubation, and he/she hatched relatively small, so I'll keep you posted on him.

LOL...16 months.........OMG Tyler I hope my eggs wont stay that long.. I will freak out in a year if they dont hatched.....LOL...

Back
Top Bottom