Looks like he is ready to shed for over a month!

DonKeesh

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello,

Cryo typically sheds every month and a half or so, and is definitely slowing down as he is now 18 months old. About a month ago he shed a small section around the base of his tail and some on the back legs and then stopped. His head has looked ready to shed since then. I know chams will shed in sections when they are older but I'm surprised the rest of him hasn't shed yet. Should I try something like a shed support supplement?

Nope. At best arcadia sells snake oil that is just a B3 vitamin complex with a lizard on the box.

But you really only have to worry about stuck shed around toes, spikes, and tail tips. The rest wont matter and will fall out in time, or when the next shed happens.

Nope. At best arcadia sells snake oil that is just a B3 vitamin complex with a lizard on the box.

But you really only have to worry about stuck shed around toes, spikes, and tail tips. The rest wont matter and will fall out in time, or when the next shed happens.
When the next shed happens. Exactly. My chameleon has some old flake still on his body and today I noticed his hands are shedding.

Back
Top Bottom