Looking

yoshi9

I really want another lizard I already have two chameleons, which I would love to have another but I want to just look at some other animals as well. I have a 100 gallon reptarium, was thinking of maybe putting it on its side so its not so tall if I get an animal that doesn't climb as much. I want it to be able to be held and unique I have owned leos before so I want something a little more challenging. Price doesn't matter neither does size although if there is something that i really like that wont fit into my reptarium I of course would get it something larger, so give me everything you got lol. Thanks:)

100 gallons, is enough to get you "started" on an iguana, that is if you think 3 or 4 years from now you'll have enough space for a 5-6 foot lizard.

Go for the frilled lizard! They are awesome, alot more active than chams, its something completely different. They have one at my local reptile shop and I trying me best to hold myself back. Yo can let them loose in your house and watch them run around on two legs, they are friendly lizards that tame very well, similar to a bearded dragon, but a lil smarter in my opinion. They live for 15-20 years and are very hardy, keep that in mind.

When they get pissed off they open up their necks like the Dilophosaurus in Jurassic Parc!

Go for the frilled lizard! They are awesome, alot more active than chams, its something completely different. They have one at my local reptile shop and I trying me best to hold myself back. Yo can let them loose in your house and watch them run around on two legs, they are friendly lizards that tame very well, similar to a bearded dragon, but a lil smarter in my opinion. They live for 15-20 years and are very hardy, keep that in mind.

When they get pissed off they open up their necks like the Dilophosaurus in Jurassic Parc!

Would a 100gal standing up be enough room for one?

I have a Cuban Knight Anole and she's a really neat pet. I have pictures of her in my profile albums or you can search Dulce if you'd like to see pictures of her.

I have a Cuban Knight Anole and she's a really neat pet. I have pictures of her in my profile albums or you can search Dulce if you'd like to see pictures of her.

Ill check them out right now:) how are they being handled?

Jann he is awesome! Does anyone own a fire skink or know about them? I have been looking at them and they are really cool, the only thing with fire skinks is again handling is says they will get agressive if you don't hold them enough how often should I hold them?

Jann he is awesome! Does anyone own a fire skink or know about them? I have been looking at them and they are really cool, the only thing with fire skinks is again handling is says they will get agressive if you don't hold them enough how often should I hold them?

Meant she lol

I originally started out seriously considering a water dragon. They look cool like iguanas, get big but not as big, are handleable, don't get the seasonal moodies to the degree iguanas do, I just didn't have the space for the 6 x 4 x 3 or whatever size enclosure tricias water dragon page was recommending as ideal, and I don't like to not be ideal with my babies. Lol. I also wasn't sure about dealing with all the water for them to bathe in - misting and drainage I can do, but I pictured me going with a pretty large pond, and the filters and emptying and scrubbing, seemed like more than I would be able to deal with in this house. Septic drainage can be an issue here at times of heavy rain, and carrying a big dirty full water dish downstairs and outside to clean sounds like a bad scene. Lol. I do have other pets and kids, chameleons seemed like potentially more self-sufficient maintenance (lights on timers, automatic misters, skip a day feedings, not supposed to handle them) not that I dont fuss over his care, but it just seemed more suited to me personally and my household situation. If you're up for big and water though, you could make such a beautiful tropical enclosure, and have a big pretty handleable dragon. It would be cool.

I originally started out seriously considering a water dragon. They look cool like iguanas, get big but not as big, are handleable, don't get the seasonal moodies to the degree iguanas do, I just didn't have the space for the 6 x 4 x 3 or whatever size enclosure tricias water dragon page was recommending as ideal, and I don't like to not be ideal with my babies. Lol. I also wasn't sure about dealing with all the water for them to bathe in - misting and drainage I can do, but I pictured me going with a pretty large pond, and the filters and emptying and scrubbing, seemed like more than I would be able to deal with in this house. Septic drainage can be an issue here at times of heavy rain, and carrying a big dirty full water dish downstairs and outside to clean sounds like a bad scene. Lol. I do have other pets and kids, chameleons seemed like potentially more self-sufficient maintenance (lights on timers, automatic misters, skip a day feedings, not supposed to handle them) not that I dont fuss over his care, but it just seemed more suited to me personally and my household situation. If you're up for big and water though, you could make such a beautiful tropical enclosure, and have a big pretty handleable dragon. It would be cool.
Not sure if that is what's right for me at the moment lol ill still keep looking :)

Dulce loves being handled. She would sit on my head all day if I would let her but not all Cuban Knights are friendly. It all depends on how you treat them. Just like with chams. Check out this little video of Dulce. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfzRZgRZ70

Ok ill watch :) I'm really loooking into fire skinks I have been in love with skinks since the second grade but they were to big for my mom at the time so she didn't know if I could properly care for them now I'm older she knows I can. She doesn't like bts but she likes the fire skink so its a win win. Ill keep doing research on both thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom