Looking to buy a second hand automatic mister and need opinions!

saman239

Hi there, I’m looking to buy a second hand mister, which do you guys recommend?
38EF3FDE-7505-42A4-BFAE-430767959D08.png
07DEDE45-750A-401D-ABFC-37C13F68E6DA.png
EB66FF7B-21CD-4ED3-ACFD-9655C9A9EBA3.png

Attachments

• 8BAD6FEF-AC90-4689-9CA8-210988846AD9.png
    8BAD6FEF-AC90-4689-9CA8-210988846AD9.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 31
I have use this one successfully , so it’s a bit small and Hass to be filled quite often. It is kept up for over a year. Just make sure to keep the floats clear and clean.

Attachments

• E5C61BD2-905D-47A3-97CD-7DD99C36DA6B.png
    E5C61BD2-905D-47A3-97CD-7DD99C36DA6B.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 31
Are you wanting to mist or to fog? We mist/spray 2-3 times a day to provide drinking water. We fog/humidify at night to boost humidity (when temps are cool and below at least 68F) to simulate natural hydration thru fog.

Are you wanting to mist or to fog? We mist/spray 2-3 times a day to provide drinking water. We fog/humidify at night to boost humidity (when temps are cool and below at least 68F) to simulate natural hydration thru fog.
I'm just looking to mist

It's not very loud it has a built-in timer and misting length time. You can set it for 1,3,6 and 12 hours also mist length for 15,30,45 and 60 seconds. What I like you can put 4 C batteries in it if power goes out. I've had mine over a year now and have had no problems with it.

It's not very loud it has a built-in timer and misting length time. You can set it for 1,3,6 and 12 hours also mist length for 15,30,45 and 60 seconds. What I like you can put 4 C batteries in it if power goes out. I've had mine over a year now and have had no problems with it.
So I'd be able to do 3 mins of mist in the morn and then 3 mins at night without a separate timer?

So I'd be able to do 3 mins of mist in the morn and then 3 mins at night without a separate timer?
Well the longest mist length is 1 minute. If i want to mist longer you have to turn it off and then back on which resets the timer. I also have a little dripper on top to drip on the leaves.

Well the longest mist length is 1 minute. If i want to mist longer you have to turn it off and then back on which resets the timer. I also have a little dripper on top to drip on the leaves.
Ah, I see, Maybe a workaround with an external timer?

You use it as a mister?
No I fogg at night I mist during the day half hour after lights on and one hour before lights off .6 to 6 then the fogger kicks on at 11 pm to 3 am in the morning to bring humidity up between 90 and 100% , for misting I use a mistking.

Ah, I see, Maybe a workaround with an external timer?
I have one of these on a Gargoyle gecko enclosure.
You can put this on an external timer. If you wanted 3 minutes of mist twice per day you’d need to set the unit for one minute misting then set your external timer on for one minute, off one minute, back on, etc until 3 one minute misting periods occurred over about 5 minutes. And the set a similar pattern for the other misting session. Kind of PITA, but it would work

You’ll run into problems with it emptying quickly. The mist with these units is not very fine, and it doesn’t put out a huge amount of water over a minute. The reservoir is pretty small. If you can hold out and find a mist king used, you’ll be more satisfied I think

Back
Top Bottom