Looking for wild chams- tips?

Millz&Jukka

Avid Member
Hi,

So I'm finally able to go to Rwenzori and I hope to see chameleons in the wild in their natural habitat (not taking them obvs, only pictures, I just REALLY want to see them in the wild, have for the last 6-7 years since falling in love with the species) any tips for spotting them in the wild? And where to look height and shrub depth wise?

Super excited! Been on my bucket list a long time at number 2 after becoming a vet (hopefully next year to start uni!)

Flashlight in dark, during the day likely be basking up in the canopy, above 1700ft for three horned. the mainland chameleons tend to be better camouflage colour palette of greens & yellows so need some good luck

Flashlight in dark, during the day likely be basking up in the canopy, above 1700ft for three horned. the mainland chameleons tend to be better camouflage colour palette of greens & yellows so need some good luck
Thank you! I'll try to get out at night with a guide and look for some. Fingers are metaphorically but also physically crossed!

UPDATE: Just got back, I saw 8 chameleons in 3 days!! Saw a juvenile male Jackson's, a gravid female juvenile Jackson's, another female Jackson's, a flap necked i think, and 4 rhinoceros chameleons (all male) including a baby one! Had an amazing time, will post some pictures when I can get them off of my camera!

Back
Top Bottom