looking for vet reccomendation

i live in oakville ontario which is a small town near Toronto, just wondering if there are any vets who are particularly good in my area. any help would be appreciated as the vet i took him to before didn't seem to have an answer for his strange hip bones

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.16.38 PM.png

Can you post another photo or two of your chameleon please?
There may be nothing that the vet needed to say about the hip bones.

So you think Oakville is a small town? :)

Last edited:
Can you post another photo or two of your chameleon please?
There may be nothing that the vet needed to say about the hip bones.

So you think Oakville is a small town? :)
haha yea i guess i misspoke. small in comparison to Toronto anyway. The vet is from the Burloak Animal Hospital and I honestly just don't know what to look for veterinarians. This one seemed okay but it was really more that her explanation for his hips like that was that he was just a bit thin, which seemed weird to me cause I haven't seen any other veils that look like mine. But ye i don't know too much so just wanted some other opinions from here

Yup...small in comparison to Toronto!

So you didn't see Dr. Zenker at Burloak Animal Hospital then?
Do you know the vet's name?

She studied at the OVC so she should be good. The vets that were there when she would have studied should have been good. I don't know her so I can only assume from what I remember back then.

She studied at the OVC so she should be good. The vets that were there when she would have studied should have been good. I don't know her so I can only assume from what I remember back then.
alright that's good to know, I'll be sure to learn as much as I can next time I'm there.
thanks so much for your time

I don't think the hip bones should be a problem....but your chameleon could stand to be a little fatter. Does he eat well?

I don't think the hip bones should be a problem....but your chameleon could stand to be a little fatter. Does he eat well?
foods like, ALWAYS available because i let the black soldier flies pupate in his enclosure, and they fly up and he eats them regularly i also try to feed him butterworms and waxworms when he'll take them. the website i get my silkworms from hasn't had them for a while idk if its cause they're seasonal or sold out or what but right now i try to feed him one or two hornworms every day with superworms as a treat, as well as black soldier flies whenever he wants them. he isn't really too keen on the more fatty bugs so i usually don't try to feed him those. hes always been this skinny since I got him in January and hes very energetic so i haven't been too too concerned about it.

edit: just checked the website the silkworms are back so I'll start with those instead of hornworms again

Crickets are a good staple too because they're readily available and easy to feed/gutload. Superworms once in a while are good too.

Crickets are a good staple too because they're readily available and easy to feed/gutload. Superworms once in a while are good too.
ye superworms are awesome and he LOVES them. I stopped with the crickets tho cause they kept escaping. are they a better staple than the black soldier flies? because those are way easier to contain for some reason

Back
Top Bottom