Looking for local worm suppliers in San Antonio, TX

Hello all! I have had my young male Jackson's cham (Drake), for a week and a half now. We haven't seen him eat too much, I guess he's still a little shy. But, upon observance he seems to be healthy enough. We are regularly dusting his crickets with calcium w/o D3 and. So far we have only fed him small crickets, and smaller sized super worms. I want to say he is finicky (as was the case with my late Fischer's cham) So, to get to the point, we are in search of a local worm supplier so we can provide him with some more variety. We live near downtown San Antonio, and can take the bus practically anywhere if the walking distance is reasonable. So far I only know of one place that supplies what we are in search of (phoenix worms, wax worms, silk worms, butter worms, and horn worms) called Pet Frontier. But, it is a bit of a walk after getting off the bus. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• DSC00779.jpg
    DSC00779.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00784.jpg
    DSC00784.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 198
Deffo contact Pigglett79. She breeds horns and silks.

I work 5 min from Pet Frontier and Penny does not carry butters, horns, silks or Phoenix worms. She advertises them, but no longer carries them. She may order them for you, but not sure if you're coming out ahead.

I have dubia and some hissers if you're interested in trying those out. ;)

***edit- nice to see another person from the area!!

Deffo contact Pigglett79. She breeds horns and silks.

I work 5 min from Pet Frontier and Penny does not carry butters, horns, silks or Phoenix worms. She advertises them, but no longer carries them. She may order them for you, but not sure if you're coming out ahead.

I have dubia and some hissers if you're interested in trying those out. ;)

***edit- nice to see another person from the area!!
Hello and thank you! I have PMed Pigglett79 as I forgot she responded to one of my previous threads, and let me know she was local as well. Thanks for letting me know about Pet Frontier. It has been quite awhile since I visited there! Maybe someday I'll be able to handle dubias/hissers lol. Ditto on being in the same area! :)

Thanks! I think mostly right now we're just concerned (but trying to not to stress too much) over his appetite. He seems a little on the skinny side, but then again he is younger than our last was when we first got him. Like 3 to 4 months I think is what Drake is. I just hope he fattens up a little soon if that's what he needs.

Phew! That's comforting lol. He's at least moving around alot more in there now. Hopefully he'll be settled in soon enough! :)

Have you checked your supplementation schedule? I know that their schedule differs from panthers and veileds.

There are probably a couple reason he has a small appetite, one is he is still settling in, and the other is because he is older than you think he is. See this thread for a nice display of a Jackson as he grows from a baby to an adult. As they become adults they will tend to eat about every other day and only eat a few prey items at a time. I would say he is at least 9 or 10 months old if not older.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/monty-jackson-first-year-photos-93405/

There are probably a couple reason he has a small appetite, one is he is still settling in, and the other is because he is older than you think he is. See this thread for a nice display of a Jackson as he grows from a baby to an adult. As they become adults they will tend to eat about every other day and only eat a few prey items at a time. I would say he is at least 9 or 10 months old if not older.

Thanks very much for that thread it was very helpful. I think we just thought he was younger because he is so tiny compared to our last cham. I think his subspecies may just be a merumontanus. But we're not sure.

so cool now i have an idea of how old my guy might be.... how big is your jacksons now pigglett?

so cool now i have an idea of how old my guy might be.... how big is your jacksons now pigglett?

Yeah I am really happy Miss Lilly has that thread. Now Jackson owners can try to estimate their chameleon's age.

I think my boy is about 17 or 18 months old. He weighs 77 grams. Its funny to watch our panther who used to be smaller than the Jackson just double his weight at only 9 months old.

Back
Top Bottom