Looking for Jackson's

Hi everyone! New member here, my husband and I are looking to get our first chameleon.

We are most interested in a male jacksons chameleon (most likely a j. xantholophus, but a j. Jacksonii or J. Merumontana would be nice as well), and I was hoping that some of the wonderful cham owners here could help me out and let me know if they know any good breeders or could tell me the best places to order from?

The few places I've looked into either don't have great reviews or aren't getting back to me when I try to contact them.

Thanks in advance for any help!
(Also, I'm not certain if there's a better place to post this than the general discussion, if so I'm so sorry I didn't see it!)

Hi everyone! New member here, my husband and I are looking to get our first chameleon.

We are most interested in a male jacksons chameleon (most likely a j. xantholophus, but a j. Jacksonii or J. Merumontana would be nice as well), and I was hoping that some of the wonderful cham owners here could help me out and let me know if they know any good breeders or could tell me the best places to order from?

The few places I've looked into either don't have great reviews or aren't getting back to me when I try to contact them.

Thanks in advance for any help!
(Also, I'm not certain if there's a better place to post this than the general discussion, if so I'm so sorry I didn't see it!)

Welcome to the Forums.

So, xantholophus are very common and they are always available. Now they aren't going to be CBB most of the time because they are so easily caught in Hawaii and in Florida. Plus, most people don't have much luck with raising the babies. So make sure anyone claiming CBB can back it up.

The nominate form, T.j. jacksonii is actually only brought in once in a while. They are actually in now. They just came in last week. They are farmed in Kenya and shipped here. Snakes at Sunset, Reptile Pets Direct and some others will have them available. There will probably be one more shipment in the fall. Meru are fairly difficult to find right now. You might contact, @MeruJack, here on the Forums about them. She has bred them successfully and may have some. But not completely sure.

Good luck.

Finding a captive bred jackson isn't impossible but is rather hard and can wear on one's patience. Sadly they are not a species that is very well understood often when it comes to breeding. They usually require a lot more work than the money they usually make and so it often has to be more a labor of love for the breeder than just for making money. I agree with @jpowell86, Merujack has successfully bred several of the subspecies of jacksons, and I think it wasn't too long ago so she might have them now or know someone who is waiting for some babes. Either way GOOD LUCK, I always support captive bred over wild caught if possible.

good luck! I got my jacksons a little over a year ago at petco, (I did not know much about chams at the time and prob wouldn't have purchased one at petco if i dido_O). But thank god i did! i love my little guy!:D

@Glen the Jackson's my husband and I were tempted to buy the veiled at our local petsmart but I decided to do research first, I'm glad I have as I now doubt he's very healthy at all but the little guy is still adorable and tempting every time I see him!

Welcome to the Forums.

So, xantholophus are very common and they are always available. Now they aren't going to be CBB most of the time because they are so easily caught in Hawaii and in Florida. Plus, most people don't have much luck with raising the babies. So make sure anyone claiming CBB can back it up.

The nominate form, T.j. jacksonii is actually only brought in once in a while. They are actually in now. They just came in last week. They are farmed in Kenya and shipped here. Snakes at Sunset, Reptile Pets Direct and some others will have them available. There will probably be one more shipment in the fall. Meru are fairly difficult to find right now. You might contact, @MeruJack, here on the Forums about them. She has bred them successfully and may have some. But not completely sure.

Good luck.

Thanks for the recommendation. They received their 7 month old jacksonii jacksonii boy today. :)

@MeruJack @jpowell86
He is perfect! Many thanks again to both of you, we are already ridiculously in love with him, and he seems to be enjoying his new home fairly well so far, I'll update in a few days to let you know how everything's going!

I have a gravid female you can have 2 babies when she gives birth and after they are old enough . Only thing is you gotta come to hawaii and get an export permit and they are yours!
20170404_140624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom