Looking for good vets in the San Diego area...

cushcameleon

Well it has been a week since Xany's last panacur treatment, so I am looking for a good exotics vet to take a fecal test and exam. Anyone have some recommendations?

If all you need is a fecal you can send it to most vets. As far as an exam.... most vets just look the cham over and go 'no scratches or dings or dents... looks good' Not many vets have a good idea of what a cham should look like. You might be better off posting a bunch of pictures and getting some opinions from members about how your cham looks.

Dr. Todd Cecil at the Pet Emergency hospital off the 8 at Jackson Dr. and Dr. Tom Boyer in Rancho Penasquitos are two HIGHLY qualified herp vets and both have experience with chameleons.

Not necessarily, although I've been to both. Dr. Boyer is extremely experienced. He's even performed blood transfusions from one Parson's to another (a friend's). I've taken two chams to Dr. Cecil, who used to work at the Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital in Mission Valley, and his knowledge, enthusiasm, and correct diagnoses really impressed me. He is now my vet of choice based on my last visits and location.

Back
Top Bottom