Looking for advice on drinking

You take a Tablespoon of table salt, add a few drops of water to make it sticky, and put it in a sealed bag or container with the hygrometer. In six hours it should read 75% or the gauge is off. Salt likes to be at 75%, so it makes the sealed area that humid. If it's an adjustable gauge it can be set at 75%, and if it's not and it's reading close you can do mental adjustments instead. Something way off should be exchanged or replaced.

O wow thank you. I've never heard of that and had no way of knowing if my meter was off. I'm going to try that when I get home. Thank you!

How is he doing? And more recent pictures? How are his urates now?
He's looking brighter and he's asleep now. He hasn't been to the toilet yet, as it's every 5 - 7 days for him. Although I did go and check on him after his lights went off and he was asleep at the bottom of his Viv. Here's a photo from today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 113
He's looking better today. I've put the dripper in and this is how he looks now. What do you all think? I've still not seen him drink so he could just be shy about it?

is he looking better to you? He's even had a few crickets today. ☺️

I think he's looking better. His eyes are still pretty sunken in but I'm sure that takes a little to reverse. His colors are looking more vibrant than the first picture you posted. I think ur on the right track if he's eating and make sure his urates are whitening out that way you know he's been drinking even if you haven't seen it. Make sure he has plenty of opportunities it to drink, that's most important. He's looking good

He still looks fairly dehydrated to me. You could try offering hornworms, silkworms, even waxworms as those have a lot of water in them and most chams find them pretty tasty too. Hornworms especially are very juicy.

If I were you I'd collect his next bowel movement and take it to a vet for a fecal check for parasites, just in case.

This is him now. I've still not seem him drink but I'm wondering what you all think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 86
He's still looking the same, pretty dehydrated. Maybe it's time for a vet visit to make sure there's not something more serious going on. Have you had his poops tested yet?

He's still looking the same, pretty dehydrated. Maybe it's time for a vet visit to make sure there's not something more serious going on. Have you had his poops tested yet?

I'm still waiting for him to go. It's usually 5 - 7 days for him and he last went on Wednesday. I've seen him drink since then so if his urates are still orangey then I will get a check done.

To everybody that gave me advice, thank you! He has now pooped and his urates are mostly white! Some are a little orangey, but I've read that yhats because of that part being in his body for a longer time. Here's a photo...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 136
I thought you al might like to know, that Pumpkin drank from his spray bottle this morning, I definitely think we're making progress here!

Back
Top Bottom