Looking for a large cabinet stand for my new DIY enclosure (36x24x36)

ajs

Avid Member
does anyone know where I can find a large stand that my 36x24x36 cage will fit on top of? I'd prefer for it to have cabinet doors so I can store my supplements, mistking, etc.

I'm having a hard time finding something that would be the right size

does anyone know where I can find a large stand that my 36x24x36 cage will fit on top of? I'd prefer for it to have cabinet doors so I can store my supplements, mistking, etc.

I'm having a hard time finding something that would be the right size
Would a TV stand/entertainment center work? Maybe even the lower portion of a 2 piece china hutch? I know it varies from region to region but my local FB marketplace is a treasure trove of furniture!

Reactions: ajs
Would a TV stand/entertainment center work? Maybe even the lower portion of a 2 piece china hutch? I know it varies from region to region but my local FB marketplace is a treasure trove of furniture!
I've tried looking for some, but it's been hard for me to find one deep enough

Bummer! I had the same problem finding a piece deep enough. Finally found an armoire...maybe if you're handy you could get a wardrobe or armoire and cut the top off? Since they're usually a large open space up top and cabinets or drawers down below. Trying to think outside the box! Or ikea?

If you have a large budget I'm sure it's possible to find something online and go purchase it in a furniture store. If you don't have much of once facebook marketplace and the such has a large selection of furniture that shifts around really often for a large selection.
I took about a week until I found the perfect side tables to put my two cages on. Sturdy and the PERFECT size even though 26 inch tables are nearly impossible to find. (Especially as pretty as mine)

You need to go back to the time of tube TVs and giant entertainment centers ?. Most of them are probably in the landfills by now (The TVs and the entertainment centers). You might see them show up occasionally in thrift shops or at auctions and estate sales

I found mine at a local goodwill. It was $15. All I had to do was sand it down some (give it more character), and buy some new knobs for it. Always worth a shot!

I found mine at a local goodwill.
This was going to be one of my suggestions, along with Habitat for Humanity ReStores (if there are any near you). Scroll down, and there's a finder.

Also, try any home improvement or builders/home improvement surplus stores (names vary by geographical location) for kitchen base cabinets. A kitchen base cabinet is generally 24" deep, and 36" wide is a very common size. They're a tad high for a 48" high enclosure, but yours is only 36" high, so it may work out just right.

Know anybody getting their kitchen redone? Curb mining is another option.

Back
Top Bottom