Looking for a bigger light fixture rather than dome lights !!!

So I think I’m going to be going with the 30 in with the 12% Arcadia
If you go this route you might save some money and have the light you need.
Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT24 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 2 Foot, 4 Tube https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JQBQZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yDloDbP3CS88G
Then get one a t5 UVB 5.0 or 10.0 depending on how many plants you have. Swap out one of the bulbs for a UVB.

Edited... just get the 10.0 because you'll lose some UVB with the quad.

If you go this route you might save some money and have the light you need.
Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT24 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 2 Foot, 4 Tube https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JQBQZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yDloDbP3CS88G
Then get one a t5 UVB 5.0 or 10.0 depending on how many plants you have. Swap out one of the bulbs for a UVB.

Edited... just get the 10.0 because you'll lose some UVB with the quad.

With that quad you wont lose anything close to the odyssea/ lyr quad. The agrobrite is essentially 4 single lights with the reflector design it has.

What size cage is this for? There is no 30" UVB bulb.

That fixture doesn't take 30 inches either those are 22" bulbs. If you want to match cage lenght I guess, but it's still only 22" bulbs.
It’s going to be 74 inches high , by 32 inches long and deep

Why 32? Make it 36 so you can fit the proper size UVB. That's a huge cage, you are going to need 36inch UVBs, and probably more than 1.
I have the cage in my room and that’s about all the room I have but I could see about making it a little bit bigger , and how many uvb bulbs do you think I would need then? Like 2 then a plant bulb because I do plan on having lots of live plants then a heat bulb

I have the cage in my room and that’s about all the room I have but I could see about making it a little bit bigger , and how many uvb bulbs do you think I would need then? Like 2 then a plant bulb because I do plan on having lots of live plants then a heat bulb

74inches high?

Your going to need LEDs, lots of Expensive LEDs. A Flo tube won't grow a Pothos at 70" away lol.

T5s are great when your plant is 6-18" inches away depending on light needs. 5-7ft, you are going to need an absurd amount of LEDs with good reflectors and likely a mix of 90s and 45s.

I was going to do mine large Viv 6ft too and still might on Version 2. However even the lights I have right now, barely get good light on the bottom. And it's 4ft.

74inches high?

Your going to need LEDs, lots of Expensive LEDs. A Flo tube won't grow a Pothos at 70" away lol.
Yeah. I know , that is just the ideal cage size I came up with for the amount of room I have. Because I have a male veiled and he’s about 2 years old now and I have him in the reptibreeze 18x18x36 and I want to get him out of them into something a little bit bigger without going huge

Yeah. I know , that is just the ideal cage size I came up with for the amount of room I have. Because I have a male veiled and he’s about 2 years old now and I have him in the reptibreeze 18x18x36 and I want to get him out of them into something a little bit bigger without going huge

I would do 36w, 18-24d, and your 7ft tall. There is nothing wrong with 7ft tall, it's great. Just plan to use some killer lights and mix reflectors as needed to spread even light.

I'd say 8 cobs in a build like that. 4 90s, and 4 45s. If you want to quad fixture T5s, and do 4 LEDs on 45s that might work, if placed right.

You may be able to get away with a double Flo and 6 cobs 2 90s on center and 45s on outsides.

Screenshot_20190724-194146_Gallery.jpg

Alright here is the finished product of my enclosure build, I figured I’d show you guys the finished product. Turned out pretty decent I must say so myself. Now just back on to the light situation having troubles finding a good fixture that will fit there well or just don’t sold out when I find one that would work.

Attachments

• E045C482-5B3F-4B9D-93A7-840D2D5315B1.jpeg
    E045C482-5B3F-4B9D-93A7-840D2D5315B1.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 215
Alright here is the finished product of my enclosure build, I figured I’d show you guys the finished product. Turned out pretty decent I must say so myself. Now just back on to the light situation having troubles finding a good fixture that will fit there well or just don’t sold out when I find one that would work.

Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom