Looking for a bigger light fixture rather than dome lights !!!

So I think I’m going to be going with the 30 in with the 12% Arcadia

A double will reduce output by 20% per bulb So keep that in mind.

So a 6% in a single is putting out more UVB than a 12% in a quad.
A 12% in a double is putting out 50% more UVB than a 12% in a quad.

Id say a 12% is a good choice, and just lower the basking stick to around the 12" level to compensate for the 50% higher output vs 6-7" away from a quad with the same 12%, or a 6-7" away from a single with a 6%.

Did he change his prices? it used to be the fixture+bulbs were much cheaper vs getting the bulbs from him and the fixtures somewhere else.

Well the link that @Rlc1994 posted this one http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ho-t5-48-quad-fixture-with-arcadia-12-bulb-3-x-6-5k-daylight-bulbs/
It’s $229. I got this for $90 and $35 for the uvb bulb so $125 total. I’m also in Canada where prices are usually a lot higher lol.
2E974B5E-EBAC-4485-9556-706C07A58DBE.jpeg

Okay so just wondering if any of you would know what would be a safe non toxic sealant for the enclosure I’m building I read that flex seal is safe to use as long as you let it air off. I have everything to start my project expect the sealant cause I wanted to do some more research before I do it

Okay so just wondering if any of you would know what would be a safe non toxic sealant for the enclosure I’m building I read that flex seal is safe to use as long as you let it air off. I have everything to start my project expect the sealant cause I wanted to do some more research before I do it
Yes, you can use flex seal just air it off for a week.

Sunblaster NanoTech is another good one if you want a series of singles.

The problem with "quads" is you only get double the light of a single. The 2 inner bulbs put out 40% of rated, and the 2 outer bulbs put out 60% of rated. Its why you kinda have to run 12% bulbs in quads, because 40-60% of the UVB is reduced due to no inner reflectors.

Well -- that is really interesting, makes total sense and is yet another thing I never would have considered. Thanks for the info!

Is it safe to dip children's toys, animal containment, kitchen utensils etc.?
Plasti Dip doesn’t contain any heavy metals, and when completely dry, is considered non-toxic. But, we don’t recommended using it on anything that may be chewed or put into the mouth, since it could create a choking hazard.

Prolonged use of cfls in conjuction with poor husbandry and dietary needs is what CAN lead to mbd but more commonly eye isses. While these lights are not reccomended some keepers have used them successfully. If your linear uvb dies out and you dont have access to natural sunlight and are waiting for a new linear bulb to arrive i dont think your chameleon is at risk if you temporarily use a spare cfl for a afew days or a week. All that said i would still get a linear uvb bulb sooner rather then later and would not reccomend using cfls for prolonged use and would only use as a last ditch effort or option. From what i can see your chameleon is getting natural sunlight which is even way better then a linear uvb tube. I just think all these MBD comments are slightly out of context. My reccomendation is give your chameleon atleast 4-5 hours minimum natural sunlight a week and dont even bother with the cfl, take it off completely until you get a linear uvb tube preferably a reptisun 10.0 or an arcadia 12%.

Prolonged use of cfls in conjuction with poor husbandry and dietary needs is what CAN lead to mbd but more commonly eye isses. While these lights are not reccomended some keepers have used them successfully. If your linear uvb dies out and you dont have access to natural sunlight and are waiting for a new linear bulb to arrive i dont think your chameleon is at risk if you temporarily use a spare cfl for a afew days or a week. All that said i would still get a linear uvb bulb sooner rather then later and would not reccomend using cfls for prolonged use and would only use as a last ditch effort or option. From what i can see your chameleon is getting natural sunlight which is even way better then a linear uvb tube. I just think all these MBD comments are slightly out of context. My reccomendation is give your chameleon atleast 4-5 hours minimum natural sunlight a week and dont even bother with the cfl, take it off completely until you get a linear uvb tube preferably a reptisun 10.0 or an arcadia 12%.
Yes I take him out from time to time when we have super nice days to get some sunlight , but the lighting I think I’m going to go with for this build is gonna be either of these three

Attachments

• C7A6D85F-A593-400B-9E77-8127E0292152.png
    C7A6D85F-A593-400B-9E77-8127E0292152.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 433
  • C37E8C3A-CAF0-4286-8136-CE98C439F132.png
    C37E8C3A-CAF0-4286-8136-CE98C439F132.png
    383.4 KB · Views: 416
lightyourreptiles.com

I have the quad fixture, and love it.

These are also good. i have them in two smaller enclosures

https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Reptisun-Terrarium-Hood/dp/B00LQKAKEO/ref=sr_1_3?crid=YCZEBBP1QGLX&keywords=zoomed+led+uvb+hood&qid=1561481109&s=gateway&sprefix=zoomed+led+,aps,198&sr=8-3

How big are you going to go with the new set up?
Hi! I have a 3 month old veiled Cham and to start got the ReptiBreeze kit. My cage is 16x16x30. I’m looking to change out my dome bulbs. Are there any lights fixtures smaller than the 22”?

They have a 30 inch T5HOquad at lightyourreptiles.com

The 30” only uses 22” bulbs though. I use it for Clarice. Works great but there is 6 inches or more on one end with no light output. So maybe strategically place your basking light on that end.

Hi! I have a 3 month old veiled Cham and to start got the ReptiBreeze kit. My cage is 16x16x30. I’m looking to change out my dome bulbs. Are there any lights fixtures smaller than the 22”?

Yes they have a 14" model of the same hood.

https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-Led...+led+uvb+hood&qid=1561985415&s=gateway&sr=8-5

You are going to need up-size his/her enclosure soon, so my advice would be to do it all in one shot. In the meantime you could just pick up a single T5 ballast for the UV light.

The 30” only uses 22” bulbs though. I use it for Clarice. Works great but there is 6 inches or more on one end with no light output. So maybe strategically place your basking light on that end.
Yours aren't staggered with two that run from one end then two run from the otherside in? Mine is so there is not as bright of light on the ends but there is light. :unsure:

Nope - mine are parallel and close to one edge, but 6 or more inches from the other. It still puts out great light, but just wanted to point out that a 30" light fixture doesn't mean you get 30" bulbs. I have a plant light near the dark end of mine.

Back
Top Bottom