Looking for a bigger light fixture rather than dome lights !!!

katttt12

Hello all , I’m in the process of building a new enclosure and I was wondering where I could find bigger light fixtures and what would be good brands for my new cage it’s going to be pretty big so I need something pretty long to be able to provide light for the whole cage, thank youuu :)

Sunblaster NanoTech is another good one if you want a series of singles.

The problem with "quads" is you only get double the light of a single. The 2 inner bulbs put out 40% of rated, and the 2 outer bulbs put out 60% of rated. Its why you kinda have to run 12% bulbs in quads, because 40-60% of the UVB is reduced due to no inner reflectors.

Yeah honestly I have no idea which one would be best to go with , with the size of the enclosure I’m building ... this is my first build and I know I can’t settle just for those dome lights. And like what types of bulbs would you guys recommend for this ?

Yeah honestly I have no idea which one would be best to go with , with the size of the enclosure I’m building ... this is my first build and I know I can’t settle just for those dome lights. And like what types of bulbs would you guys recommend for this ?
If your looking for plant bulbs to penetrate deep down into the enclosure I hear the Sansi leds work good for this or the spotlight from lightyourreptiles. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/jungle-dawn-40w-mega-plant-grow-spotlight/

It’s going to be 74 inches high , by 32 inches long and deep :)

Huge...
As mentioned above with the quad light you would run two 6500 daylight bulbs, 1 plant bulb, and an arcadia UVB(veiled cham 12% I believe)
If you a planning on having live plants all the way down at the bottom of the enclosure you will need some additional lighting. Jungle dawn LED spot lamp (or similar)

Just FYI... Since you keep mentioning dome lights. You do know that the compact UVB bulbs are not recommended for Chameleon's right?
I know that’s why I’m looking to switch everything over now that he’s getting bigger that’s all I could afford then when I first got him when he was a baby now I’m ready to change everything

I know that’s why I’m looking to switch everything over now that he’s getting bigger that’s all I could afford then when I first got him when he was a baby now I’m ready to change everything
Well hopefully since you waited on upgrading the lighting he does not have MBD... The compact ones do not do what they need to for Chams. Make sure you update the lighting asap.

Well hopefully since you waited on upgrading the lighting he does not have MBD... The compact ones do not do what they need to for Chams. Make sure you update the lighting asap.
I think he’s fine I haven’t noticed anything along the lines of MBD

Attachments

• 237197DF-D929-4932-A098-35E4798E1344.jpeg
    237197DF-D929-4932-A098-35E4798E1344.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 247
I think he’s fine I haven’t noticed anything along the lines of MBD
MBD is internal... While I do hope he is fine. It makes their bones more brittle. Ribs become easily breakable as well. Looks like you have been getting him out for time in the Sun so hopefully this counteracted the improper lighting.

Okay so now let me get this straight , I will need to probably buy a double fixture to use for my daylight and UVB bulb and then I could just use the dome lights I have now for another plant uvb bulb? Cause I am going to plan on using a decent amount of live plants along with some fake plastic ones I have in his cage now.

Okay so now let me get this straight , I will need to probably buy a double fixture to use for my daylight and UVB bulb and then I could just use the dome lights I have now for another plant uvb bulb? Cause I am going to plan on using a decent amount of live plants along with some fake plastic ones I have in his cage now.

I had trouble with a double. But my plants loooooooved the "dome" halogen wide flood basking bulbs. They would crowd out the basking spot and i would have to cut them back. However i would look into some led threads. They have come a long way in 5 years for growing high light plants.

Back
Top Bottom